If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker Advice

Options
  • 13-01-2018 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi All

I am looking for some advice for some speakers for a Denon 2400H. I started looking at the satellite packages you guys have but then shifted to some of your other options. My setup would be mainly for TV - Sport and Movies in a room around 15 by 16 ft. I was thinking of QA 2000ci for centre, 2020i for front, 2010is for surround and a CA SX120 sub. I assume these would all work with the receiver I have? Am new to all this so apologies if my questions are silly!!

Cheers

Ciarán

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ciarachino wrote: »
    Hi All

I am looking for some advice for some speakers for a Denon 2400H. I started looking at the satellite packages you guys have but then shifted to some of your other options. My setup would be mainly for TV - Sport and Movies in a room around 15 by 16 ft. I was thinking of QA 2000ci for centre, 2020i for front, 2010is for surround and a CA SX120 sub. I assume these would all work with the receiver I have? Am new to all this so apologies if my questions are silly!!

Cheers

Ciarán
    Hi Ciaran,

All of those speakers would work very well with the amp and would be a great system. The only system i would recommend above that one if you could stretch the budget a little would be the Monitor Audio MR system. These speakers sound absolutely incredible and are very well priced for the sound you get from them. You could look at the MR2 as fronts, MR1 as rears, MR centre and MRW10 sub at: £546. This system would be a great step up from the Qs in my opinion.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ciarachino

Hi All

Cheers

Ciarán
    Hi Ciaran,

All of those speakers would work very well with the amp and would be a great system. The only system i would recommend above that one if you could stretch the budget a little would be the Monitor Audio MR system. These speakers sound absolutely incredible and are very well priced for the sound you get from them. You could look at the MR2 as fronts, MR1 as rears, MR centre and MRW10 sub at: £546. This system would be a great step up from the Qs in my opinion.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Thanks for coming back to me. I think I am happy enough with your opinion on the QA's and the CA sub. Bit of a difference between the price of these and the satellites I was originally looking at. £549 would be a bit too far as I also need a bracket and the BLF228 you have is the only one I can find with the extension I need! Could you give me one of your legendary Boardsie Prices on the speakers, bracket and some white cabling when you get a chance?

Cheers

Ciarán 

Hi All

Cheers

Ciarán
    Hi Ciaran,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Thanks for coming back to me. I think I am happy enough with your opinion on the QA's and the CA sub. Bit of a difference between the price of these and the satellites I was originally looking at. £549 would be a bit too far as I also need a bracket and the BLF228 you have is the only one I can find with the extension I need! Could you give me one of your legendary Boardsie Prices on the speakers, bracket and some white cabling when you get a chance?

Cheers

Ciarán 
    Hi Ciaran,

What length of cable do you need and I can do up a total price for you.

Kind regards

David

Hi All

Cheers

Ciarán
    Hi Ciaran,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

Cheers

Ciarán 
    Hi Ciaran,

What length of cable do you need and I can do up a total price for you.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David

I will need 35 metres of cabling (I think!!). Appreciate your help.

Cheers

Ciarán

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ciaran,

apologies for the delay - here are a few options:

1: 
    Q Acoustics QA2020 * 2 pairs ( QA 2010 are out of stock with no firm ETA:o )
    Q Acoustics 2000C Centre * 1
    Cambridge Audio SX120 * 1
    Sanus BLF228 * 1
    QED Micro White * 35 mtrs

Retail is £710 - Boardie deal = £599

2: 
    Monitor Audio Mr2 * 1 pair
    Monitor Audio Mr1 * 1 pair
    Monitor Audio MrCentre * 1
    Monitor Audio MRW10 * 1
    Sanus BLF228 * 1

Retail is £830 - Boardie deal = £649

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Ciaran,

1: 
    Sanus BLF228 * 1

2: 
    Monitor Audio MRW10 * 1
    Sanus BLF228 * 1

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Loving the Boardie Prices :)!! I am going to take Davids advice and go for the Monitor Audio package!! My sums were a bit off before!! Can you PM me for payment details or do I need to call you guys?

Cheers

Ciarán

Ciaran,

1: 
    Sanus BLF228 * 1

2: 
    Monitor Audio MRW10 * 1
    Sanus BLF228 * 1

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hi John

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Loving the Boardie Prices :)!! I am going to take Davids advice and go for the Monitor Audio package!! My sums were a bit off before!! Can you PM me for payment details or do I need to call you guys?

Cheers

Ciarán
    Hey Ciaran.

Good choice :)

If you drop me you contact number in a PM i will get David to give you a call.

Hi David and John

Just a quick post to say thanks for your help! Looking forward to my delivery!!

Until the next time...

Ciarán

Hi David and John

Just a quick post to say thanks for your help! Looking forward to my delivery!!

Until the next time...

Ciarán
    Thank you for the order Ciarachino.

If you have any questions once you are setting up let us know.

Hi All

Speakers working out superbly!! I am wondering if the MR2's could be used with the Soundstyle Z2s?

Cheers

Ciarán

• Advertisement

Hi All

Speakers working out superbly!! I am wondering if the MR2's could be used with the Soundstyle Z2s?

Cheers

Ciarán
    Hey Ciarachino.

Happy Days!!!

Yeah the Z2 would hold the MR2's no problem.

I could offer a pair of the Z2's for £77.00

Hi Kenny

That's great! Should of asked but what height are these? 

Thanks

Ciarán

Hi Kenny

That's great! Should of asked but what height are these? 

Thanks

Ciarán
    Hi Ciarachino.

They sit 56.8cm high. This does however exclude the little spikes that get go on the bottom plate which would add around another 5 - 6cm.

Hi Kenny

That's perfect. I will get a set of them of you. I have laminate flooring and will need protectors if you have them too. I also need a sub cable too. The CA Aud100 on the site will do the job. You guys should have my number to call me whenever suits.

Thanks

Ciarán

Hi Kenny

That's perfect. I will get a set of them of you. I have laminate flooring and will need protectors if you have them too. I also need a sub cable too. The CA Aud100 on the site will do the job. You guys should have my number to call me whenever suits.

Thanks

Ciarán
    Will drop you a call soon Ciaran.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.