Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 13-01-2018 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

how long for an international cheque to clear. I signed a form for collection 10 days ago. First time ever doing that. It's been 10 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Abini72 wrote: »
    how long  for an international cheque to clear. I signed a form for collection 10 days ago. First time ever doing that. It's been 10 days
    Depends on where it is clearing through. First Bank Of Syria could take longer than Key Largo Bank USA. I would say it could be up to a month

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's a couple of years since I worked in Foreign Exchange, but I used to advise customers that foreign cheques sent on collection could take 40 days or more to clear. It all depends on which country it originated in. What country was it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Abini72 wrote: »
    how long  for an international cheque to clear. I signed a form for collection 10 days ago. First time ever doing that. It's been 10 days

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in contact with me here.

It would usually take a minimum of 4 weeks for an international cheque to fully clear in your account. Please be assured that your account will be credited as soon as we receive confirmation on the cheque from the issuing bank.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ronanh87

I'm awaiting a transfer which was sent after 4pm on Friday , its to my account which is with AIB, how long will that take ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Ronanh87 wrote: »
    I'm awaiting a transfer which was sent after 4pm on Friday , its to my account which is with AIB, how long will that take ?
    Hi Ronanh87,

Thanks for reaching out here on Boards.

As the funds were sent as a SEPA transfer and after 3:30 pm on Friday, it will be processed as if you sent it today, the next business day and reach the payee account tomorrow.

SEPA transfers take one business day if sent before the banks cut off time and two business days if sent after.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Advertisement
Advertisement