Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭franglan

Davy Silva out Arnie in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

wardides wrote: »
    Thinking of getting Stones in. Hardly rise after conceding 4 will he?

He might not start !

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

km79 wrote: »
    He might not start !

Think he's nailed on. Pep absolutely loves the kid. Otamendi was worst today, and the only replacement is Kompany (god knows) and Mangala (not a chance).

wardides wrote: »
    Think he's nailed on. Pep absolutely loves the kid. Otamendi was worst today, and the only replacement is Kompany (god knows) and Mangala (not a chance).

He has played 3 games now and made a mistake leading to a goal in each of them

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

km79 wrote: »
    He has played 3 games now and made a mistake leading to a goal in each of them

Yet started today, clearly lacking a bit of sharpness. Home to Newcastle, West Brom & then away to Burnley next 3 games, perfect chance to get 270 minutes under his belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Salah back in.

Not sure if I should drop hazard or eriksen though?
    I have no intention of keeping eriksen and after Southampton their fixtures are tough for a bit.

Hazard has great fixtures but as we all know isn't delivering points. The obvious answer after the weekend is to drop hazard but I'm reluctant.

I know keeping him will cost me .1 or .2 but I think I'd prefer him over eriksen for the next couple.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Salah back in.

I have no intention of keeping eriksen and after Southampton their fixtures are tough for a bit.

Hazard has great fixtures but as we all know isn't delivering points. The obvious answer after the weekend is to drop hazard but I'm reluctant.

I know keeping him will cost me .1 or .2 but I think I'd prefer him over eriksen for the next couple.

I would sell Hazard for Salah in a ****ing heartbeat. With all due respect, it’s a no-brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Salah back in.

Hazard to Salah is your move. It’s an easy call, don’t over think it.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I would sell Hazard for Salah in a ****ing heartbeat. With all due respect, it’s a no-brainer.

Eriksen 1 goal 2 assists in the last 5 he's played.
    Hazard 1 goal 1 assist in the last 5 he's played.
    Hazard did miss a game and got subbed early Saturday which obviously sticks in minds of his owners but those lost points are gone.

Looking ahead to who I'd prefer in my team for next 2 to 3 gameweeks. I'm still leaning towards hazard. (Probably just the part of me that loves owning, hazard, aguero or sanchez)

Salah is coming back, no question about that. It's only whether it's for eriksen or hazard.
    I know you're probably right on hazard but I'm struggling to bring myself to sell him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Salah Sterling Lingard Hazard Son

Tempted to go for a -4 hit by bringing out Hazard & upgrading Calvert Lewin.

Either Gundogan & Aguero or Arnie & Aguero.

Aguero looked poor today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I went without Liverpool cover today and it cost me but I'm not sure what moves jump out at me

Adrian peraira
    Christie Robertson stones Jones Taylor
    Ozil iwobi sterling arnie son
    Kane aguero quaner

Could do ozil to mane but arsenal have a nice run.
    Not to keen on taking a hit and happy to double up on spurs for the southampton game then son will probably make way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Mental to sell aguero now he will outscore kane over next 4 games

Yeah, might just stick with original plan of Firmino -> Kane. Is it worth the 4pt hit? I think so; not having Kane is suicidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Sterling and Firmino in for Alli and Morata (finally)

What a clusterf**k. Miscalculated by a million and now can’t get in Kane for Firmino. I’m already on a -4 in order to be able to ‘afford’ him. So it looks like I am going without Harry for a while.
    Never drink and transfer guys :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Is it bad that I'm hanging onto Morata again this week? Last game was miserable but I'm fairly sure he could wake up again if some of his previous recent missed opportunities turn into goals.

What a clusterf**k. Miscalculated by a million and now can’t get in Kane for Firmino. I’m already on a -4 in order to be able to ‘afford’ him. So it looks like I am going without Harry for a while.
    Never drink and transfer guys :rolleyes:

To be honest, it might be worth the -8 to get him. Southampton are awful at the back and if you don't take the additional -4 now he could cost an extra .2 when you go for him.
    If it was me I'd take the hit to get team in order.

To be honest, it might be worth the -8 to get him. Southampton are awful at the back and if you don't take the additional -4 now he could cost an extra .2 when you go for him.

I already have taken the -4 to free up funds. but since I did my calculations wrong, the only way to get Kane in for -8 is for Aguero. Otherwise I have to free up another million elsewhere which would put me on -12 to get him in for Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I already have taken the -4 to free up funds. but since I did my calculations wrong, the only way to get Kane in for -8 is for Aguero. Otherwise I have to free up another million elsewhere which would put me on -12 to get him in for Firmino.

I'd agree with Hogey here. Salah is essential this year closely followed by Kane IMO, he has been frustrating at times this year due to a few blanks but when he scores, you're pretty much guaranteed at least 2 and a nice double digit score, even prettier if he's (C). Only two games this season, he has scored once in a game, the other 8 games have been 2 or more.

Also not having him puts you at a serious loss if he does well and many have him captained. According to FFFix and FPLS, Kane is due to rise tonight, he could easily dbl rise this GW as Hogey said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A) Aguero, Son, Arnie

or

B) Firmino, Mahrez, Arnie + 2m to upgrade Ricky/cheap defender next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

A) Aguero, Son, Arnie

or

B without hesitation

• Advertisement

I'd agree with Hogey here. Salah is essential this year closely followed by Kane IMO, he has been frustrating at times this year due to a few blanks but when he scores, you're pretty much guaranteed at least 2 and a nice double digit score, even prettier if he's (C). Only two games this season, he has scored once in a game, the other 8 games have been 2 or more.

Also not having him puts you at a serious loss if he does well and many have him captained. According to FFFix and FPLS, Kane is due to rise tonight, he could easily dbl rise this GW as Hogey said

I know, I really want him in. I stupidly sold him before his two hattricks and only got him in for the double with the Free hit.
    I just don't like taking a -12 for any reason, I can either plan to get him in for a future week or hit the wildcard, but I really want to keep the WC for the big double gameweeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dsmythy wrote: »
    Is it bad that I'm hanging onto Morata again this week? Last game was miserable but I'm fairly sure he could wake up again if some of his previous recent missed opportunities turn into goals.

If he blanks next week, you'll say the same thing - form over fixtures and you won't go far wrong.

Alli to salah

May do a -4 for mata to shaqiri if they have a new boss but if I’m gonna WC the following week won’t bother

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Salah - 179 points, 8.1 points per match. He must be on the way to FF legend status ala Henry, Ronaldo, Lampard, Gerrard, Van Persie and Suarez.

Benimar wrote: »
    Hazard to Salah is your move. It’s an easy call, don’t over think it.
    FutureGuy wrote: »

Took your advice. Hazard doesn't have form at present. If he suddenly finds it against Brighton I can bring him back in for eriksen who I'll be selling after Southampton game.

Hazard dropping like a stone so could even drop .2 by next weekend and then 10 days til next game so a blank v Brighton would see him drop even further.

So salah in for hazard now done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Looking for opinions on following proposed transfers.

In regards to Spurs having a DGW I had transferred out Salah and others in order to load up with Eriksen, Alli, Kane, Arnautovic and Cresswell. I had always planned to get Salah back in this week but due to price changes/funding getting him back means two transfers so I was thinking of

Eriksen and Alli out (run of tough fixtures inbound)

Mahrez and Salah in ( favorable fixtures ahead and both in great form.)
    This would be free as I have two transfers this week
    I would still have Kane as my Spurs coverage. Next week I would be looking to move on Cresswell so I could bring in Van Dijk but that plan isn't helped due to the surprise rise for Van Dijk yesterday. That said I have a option to make it happen so I'll cross that bridge next week.

This would leave me with a front 7 of

Salah Mahrez Arnautovic Sterling Lingard
    Kane and Aguero

Any comments welcomed

Macker1 wrote: »
    Looking for opinions on following proposed transfers.

In regards to Spurs having a DGW I had transferred out Salah and others in order to load up with Eriksen, Alli, Kane, Arnautovic and Cresswell. I had always planned to get Salah back in this week but due to price changes/funding getting him back means two transfers so I was thinking of

Eriksen and Alli out (run of tough fixtures inbound)

Mahrez and Salah in ( favorable fixtures ahead and both in great form.)
    This would be free as I have two transfers this week
    I would still have Kane as my Spurs coverage. Next week I would be looking to move on Cresswell so I could bring in Van Dijk but that plan isn't helped due to the surprise rise for Van Dijk yesterday. That said I have a option to make it happen so I'll cross that bridge next week.

Any comments welcomed

Looks good to me.

I'd go for it. West ham have great fixtures so no massive rush to sell cresswell either

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If you still have the FH would you consider the wildcard. Its helped me finally get my team in order and kick started my season. The FH can be used for the big double.

A) Aguero, Son, Arnie

or

Difficult one.

Leicester and Hammers with good fixtures and those two players in excellent form.

Spurs with a difficult enough run coming up.

Option B does look the call especially because of money saved.

Could you bring in Arnie this week and allow Aguero and Son to play this GW.

So A for upcoming GW and B for following GW ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Took your advice. Hazard doesn't have form at present. If he suddenly finds it against Brighton I can bring him back in for eriksen who I'll be selling after Southampton game.

Hazard dropping like a stone so could even drop .2 by next weekend and then 10 days til next game so a blank v Brighton would see him drop even further.

So salah in for hazard now done

Hazard isn't worth it . You are generally relying on Chelsea to get a peno for him to get a really big score. Too many other cheaper mids that are a bigger goal threat than him. If you have Kane and salah in your team your more or less sorted for a captain every week. Hazard is too unreliable to captain. Also Chelsea's formation of choice this season is very negative a lack of creative attacking players in the team. Also don't be surprised if he gets benched to keep him fresh for the Carling cup sf.

Advertisement