Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm very tempted.

you're getting him in assuming there will be an upturn in their attacking form. Watford are sh, so you'd be unlucky to suffer too much.

Also has Huddersfield next then Watford, think I will chance it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Stoke's next 4 fixtures are about as good as you'll get. I'm happy with my midfield but Shaq looks a really good punt (have him in Draft, at least :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Stoke's next 4 fixtures are about as good as you'll get. I'm happy with my midfield but Shaq looks a really good punt (have him in Draft, at least :P)

And the new manager bounce generally lasts about that long !
    I’m getting Shaq
    It’s just a question of for who

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Duffy -> Edwards
    Lingard -> Arnie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Duffy -> Edwards
    Lingard -> Arnie

Edwards didnt play against United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Green&Red wrote: »
    Duffy -> Edwards
    Lingard -> Arnie

Edwards didnt play against United

I'm playing 3-5-2 and he is 2nd choice defender on the bench. Also he enabled Lingard to Arnie. So should be not a big deal if he doesn't continue to start.

Have Aguero and if he doesn't start banging them in over the next few games he will be downgraded to Firminio which will free up plenty of cash for upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Shaquiri and Choupo Moting are both good transfers at this point imo. Reasoning:

- Amazing Fixtures
    - High shots per game (both over 2) and key passes per game (only in Shaq's case)
    - Decent returns this year despite Stoke's poor season (decent value for price)
    - Must win games for Stoke at home to weak teams, they should attack.
    - New manager bounce
    - Preparing for BGW 31 is something we should arguably be considering already. Stoke vs Everton is the only fixture nailed on to go ahead that week - Stoke seems a good place to start considering their favourable lead in to GW31 (i.e. plan for the DGW without sacrificing short term performance)

I initially thought the extra 0.6 for Shaq was too much, but he's on all their set pieces and likely even pens. I'm still not convinced he's worth 0.6 more but if you can afford it he's probably a slightly better alternative to Choupo and maybe just that little bit more nailed on (though I fully expect Choupo to start)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm strongly considering taking a punt on Theo. Will see what big Sam's says in the press conference first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

siblers wrote: »
    I'm strongly considering taking a punt on Theo. Will see what big Sam's says in the press conference first

costs just a shade more than Arnie so an easy swap if Arnie goes off the boil or gets a ban or whatever

manual_man wrote: »
    costs just a shade more than Arnie so an easy swap if Arnie goes off the boil or gets a ban or whatever

Arnie is 100 % gonna get injured or sent off soon so that will be my move too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I have Arnie but thinking of getting rid of Lingard. I'll be keeping an eye on Ramsey too

lads Ricky is valued at 6.3m when I try to transfer him out, but he 6.4m on the site. If he drops tonight it should not affect my Team value should it?

patmac wrote: »
    lads Ricky is valued at 6.3m when I try to transfer him out, but he 6.4m on the site. If he drops tonight it should not affect my Team value should it?

It won't
    And I dont think he will drop tonight but will by Saturday sadly

Looks like you bought him at 6.3m so you should be ok.

When on the transfer page you have two options just above where your keepers are on the pitch.

‘Pitch view’ and ‘list view’.

Click on ‘list view’ and you will see what price you bought all players at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

You must have got him @ 6.2 - 6.4 = .2 - 50% = 6.3
    If he falls tonight, you'll get 6.2m

Invincible wrote: »

He could have got him at 6.3?????

Invincible wrote: »

Feck that's what happened ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Morzadec wrote: »
    Shaquiri and Choupo Moting are both good transfers at this point imo. Reasoning:

- Amazing Fixtures
    - High shots per game (both over 2) and key passes per game (only in Shaq's case)
    - Decent returns this year despite Stoke's poor season (decent value for price)
    - Must win games for Stoke at home to weak teams, they should attack.
    - New manager bounce
    - Preparing for BGW 31 is something we should arguably be considering already. Stoke vs Everton is the only fixture nailed on to go ahead that week - Stoke seems a good place to start considering their favourable lead in to GW31 (i.e. plan for the DGW without sacrificing short term performance)

I initially thought the extra 0.6 for Shaq was too much, but he's on all their set pieces and likely even pens. I'm still not convinced he's worth 0.6 more but if you can afford it he's probably a slightly better alternative to Choupo and maybe just that little bit more nailed on (though I fully expect Choupo to start)

The one note of caution is I'd wait for the first Lambert team sheet. Maybe he won't take a shine to these guys, you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    The one note of caution is I'd wait for the first Lambert team sheet. Maybe he won't take a shine to these guys, you never know.

I would like to take a gamble on Shaq but I think it's way too premature for your reasoning above. Wait and see how it goes, there won't be a bandwagon if he does well in the first few games, he'll still be a differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looks like you bought him at 6.3m so you should be ok.

When on the transfer page you have two options just above where your keepers are on the pitch.

‘Pitch view’ and ‘list view’.

Click on ‘list view’ and you will see what price you bought all players at.

That is the handiest thing I will learn about FF this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Took Ricky out for Shaqiri before the price drop. I've lost so much on TV this year.

Oddly happy with it, though I know I'll probably miss a Ricky haul. it's just Watford are so fúcking diabolical right now.

tomwaits48 wrote: »

Shaqiri is as safe as houses
    He is the only quality player they have and their best set piece taker by a mile
    He will start and continue on set pieces
    He is unlikely to have a positional change that will negatively impact on his FF prospects! He won't be moved to DM . The only change would be possibly a free/more central role which is a positive for FF
    If I'm going for him I'm going this weekend .

The likes of CM etc are way too risky. Both himself and diouf are rubbish so who knows which one if any Lambert will go with
    Crouch also a risk but of he is 3rd striker on a WC probably not an issue

Defenders are a no go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

There is no way Shaq isn't safe. I'd ignore EMCM, Crouch, Diouf and the rest, as they are dependent on the approach Lambert wants to take.

Shaqiri will play regardless. he is by far their best player.

I think Shaq is nailed on, he's the highest pedigree player, most creative player. HIs return have been good considering Stoke's woes.

I think Choupo is very close to nailed and I would be very surprised to see him on the bench. If you hear the way Hughes talked about him and look at his pedigree (CL experience with Shalke) and look at his returns (4 goals and 4 assists in 21 matches for a team averaging just a goal scored a game), you've got to view him as one of Stoke's best players. He works very hard off the ball too by all accounts, and is a big strong player, so I wouldn't think he's in danger of being viewed as a luxury by a new manager who might want to increase work rate.

I've been looking into them both and I think I'm actually going to go for Choupo (despite having the funds for Shaq). I ultimately think Choupo is better value, I think it's a pretty close call who scores more over the next 5 GWs or so, and the extra 0.6 will come in handy next week (e.g. could finally dump Niasse for Jordan Ayew, or upgrade a defender). Shaquiri has 1 point more than him this season, identical record but 1 extra assist for Shaq. I can't justify the 0.6 to myself if I have persuaded myself Choupo will start.

Choupo's home record in 10 starts is 3 goals and 4 assist (superior to Shaq's home record). With 3 of their next 4 at home and Choupo frequently playing OOP as CF I think he's value at 5.4.

I definitely understand there are counter arguments to spend the extra on Shaq, but I'm going Choupo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think Shaq is nailed on, he's the highest pedigree player, most creative player. HIs return have been good considering Stoke's woes.

I think Choupo is very close to nailed and I would be very surprised to see him on the bench. If you hear the way Hughes talked about him and look at his pedigree (CL experience with Shalke) and look at his returns (4 goals and 4 assists in 21 matches for a team averaging just a goal scored a game), you've got to view him as one of Stoke's best players. He works very hard off the ball too by all accounts, and is a big strong player, so I wouldn't think he's in danger of being viewed as a luxury by a new manager who might want to increase work rate.

I've been looking into them both and I think I'm actually going to go for Choupo (despite having the funds for Shaq). I ultimately think Choupo is better value, I think it's a pretty close call who scores more over the next 5 GWs or so, and the extra 0.6 will come in handy next week (e.g. could finally dump Niasse for Jordan Ayew, or upgrade a defender). Shaquiri has 1 point more than him this season, identical record but 1 extra assist for Shaq. I can't justify the 0.6 to myself if I have persuaded myself Choupo will start.

Choupo's home record in 10 starts is 3 goals and 4 assist (superior to Shaq's home record). With 3 of their next 4 at home and Choupo frequently playing OOP as CF I think he's value at 5.4.

I definitely understand there are counter arguments to spend the extra on Shaq, but I'm going Choupo.

I did the same buddy. Nice to have the extra 0.6 milly to spend somewhere else too.
    callaway92 wrote: »
    Did Son to Mahrez. Still have one free transfer and I’m thinking Lingard to Shaqiri to free up defensive funds. Really want a Man City defender with their upcoming fixtures but dunno. Shaw looks like great value at 4.9 million too.

Edit: Half thinking Chupo-Moting ahead of Shaqiri. Bit of value in 5.4 I think. Can see Lambert starting him up front from the get-go and statistically he has been underperforming. Expecting a boost of goals in particular for him.

If you are going choupou you have to wait a week then imo

Every manager will have his own ideas and look at the various opinions here

He could be a transfer back out waiting to happen

km79 wrote: »

The game is one of calculated risks and this is one I'm willing to take as I think the risk is very low. I absolutely try to avoid rotation risks in ff but just don't really see choupo as a likely candidate.

He's had involvement in 35% of their goals this season, only Shaq has (slightly) more. He's clearly a vital player for them so I'll take the chance that he'll start under a new manager.

km79 wrote: »

Nah if I am getting in a Stoke player, it's because they have Huddersfield at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The game is one of calculated risks and this is one I'm willing to take as I think the risk is very low. I absolutely try to avoid rotation risks in ff but just don't really see choupo as a likely candidate.

He's had involvement in 35% of their goals this season, only Shaq has (slightly) more. He's clearly a vital player for them so I'll take the chance that he'll start under a new manager.

+1 on this

It's a 5.4 million risk. Not an Aguero vs Jesús risk.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    +1 on this

It's a 5.4 million risk. Not an Aguero vs Jesús risk.

It is BUT 5.4 is an awkward price
    Unless he is your 5th mid then you can just go down
    Straight swap is tricky

Advertisement