Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

@5.6m Albrighton could be a good alternative in that price bracket. He's quietly flying under the radar, is nailed, showing pretty good form, and with nice fixtures right up til gw37.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

manual_man wrote: »
    @5.6m Albrighton could be a good alternative in that price bracket. He's quietly flying under the radar, is nailed, showing pretty good form, and with nice fixtures right up til gw37.

I had a look at Albrighton. His returns are very good and his fixtures. HIs underlying stats seem pretty poor compared to the Stoke lads though, and he's also not a "main man" . for his team in the way Choup / Shaq would be. Of course Leicester are far better than Stoke would be the valid counter argument.

Not a bad shout by any means, and I'm perhaps putting too much stock into underlying stats rather than the numbers that really matter, but ultimately that was my reasoning for ignoring Albrighton.

Could definitely prove a shrewd move though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If he blanks next week, you'll say the same thing - form over fixtures and you won't go far wrong.

Oh Morata's blanking alright...

Probably for the best that he himself pretty much told me to dump him.

Getting Firmino in for him. Don't fancy doing a -4 to afford Kun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

dsmythy wrote: »
    Oh Morata's blanking alright...

Probably for the best that he himself pretty much told me to dump him.

Getting Firmino in for him.

Exactly the same for me. Wasn't keen on a -4 to get him out this weekend, but he's signed his p45 with the suspension. Firmino in.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 The Dench

Playing my wildcard and have finally narrowed it down to my last two choices :

Bellerin & Shaqiri

or

Maguire & Arnautovic

Opinions anyone ? (I've changed my mind about 50 times on this)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

The Dench wrote: »
    Playing my wildcard and have finally narrowed it down to my last two choices :

Bellerin & Shaqiri

or

Maguire & Arnautovic

Opinions anyone ? (I've changed my mind about 50 times on this)

Out of that choice defo B
    Although I’d like to have both Arnie and shaq

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

I transfered in the new Stoke fullback Bauer - he looked pretty decent going forward. Hopefully Lambert keeps him in the side. He has never scored a goal but he might be good for an assist or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Morata for.....Vards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Morata for.....Vards?

For the price of Morata I'd place close to 95 % of the strikers as better value than him right now.

I'm a bit stumped on what to do myself this week.

Have 2 FTs
    Adrian
    Hegazi, Jones, Kelly
    Eriksen, Son, Arnie, Salah, Sterling
    Kane, Firmino
    Subs: Pope, Ogbonna, Long, Quaner

Would love to get Aguero in but don't really have the funds and my defence probbaly needs a little more attention. Have to lose one of my Spurs mids so it'll probably be something like
    1. Eriksen --> Pogba, Choupo, Sane??
    2. A defensive transfer

Has Long lost his place at Burnely again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Pope > De Gea
    Kabasele > VVD

Worth a -4? I already did Erikson > Salah.

Pope has Utd and City in his next 3 and his place long term looks under threat from the return of Heaton.

Kabasele and Watford in general are garbage and need a decent 4th defender for a 451.

Team would be:

De Gea
    Otamendi - Jones - Mee - VVD
    Salah - Sane - Sterling - Son - Arnie
    Kane

[Elliot - DCL - Dunk - Quaner]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

budgemook wrote: »
    I transfered in the new Stoke fullback Bauer - he looked pretty decent going forward. Hopefully Lambert keeps him in the side. He has never scored a goal but he might be good for an assist or two.

He caught my eye too. Looked very raw to me if not a little unorthodox. He was involved in going forward a lot in the United game but that was against Martial who can get caught out defensively at times.

Unorthodox can work though and I well be welcoming him to my squad as soon as this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

For the price of Morata I'd place close to 95 % of the strikers as better value than him right now.

I'm a bit stumped on what to do myself this week.

Have 2 FTs
    Adrian
    Hegazi, Jones, Kelly
    Eriksen, Son, Arnie, Salah, Sterling
    Kane, Firmino
    Subs: Pope, Ogbonna, Long, Quaner

Would love to get Aguero in but don't really have the funds and my defence probbaly needs a little more attention. Have to lose one of my Spurs mids so it'll probably be something like
    1. Eriksen --> Pogba, Choupo, Sane??
    2. A defensive transfer

Has Long lost his place at Burnely again?

Ye mee and tarkowski play when fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lingard to Mahrez for a minus 4.

I sold Hazard, Richarlson and Lingard, wouldn't be surprised if they all went nuts at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

budgemook wrote: »

I'm waiting to see their loaned left back Stafylidis. If he can take Pieter's spot he does have goals in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The only thing is, Lambert teams tend to be awful at defending.

SlickRic wrote: »
    The only thing is, Lambert teams tend to be awful at defending.

And stoke
    Stoke are awful at defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Not priority for my team and I should already know this but with RLC out, can he drop in value or is he flagged and protected against price falls/rises?

Not priority for my team and I should already know this but with RLC out, can he drop in value or is he flagged and protected against price falls/rises?

Can drop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

With news that Lloris is a doubt with illness I'm faced with a problem. Looking for some advice.

I have already took a -4 to sort out my strikers.
    Should I take another hit, in the hope that the keeper I buy keeps a clean sheet, to Net me 2 points. (6 points -4 for the hit)

My other GK is Elliot, so even if he does play I don't expect many points.

My plans were to move Lloris on after the Southampton game anyway so he'd likely be part of another hit next week anyway.

Options:
    Budget is 5.5. Already have 3 City Players so Ederson is ruled out.

Courtois (5.5), good run of games, but already have Alonso.

Ryan (4.5) tough game this week, good run coming up

Darlow (4.4) tough game this week, but will eliminate keeper rotation as either him or Elliott should play each week.

Cech (5.4) decent run of games, but just sold an Arsenal defender as clean sheets were hard to come by.

Foster (4.4)
    And start a bit of Pardew ball.

McCarthy (4.4) Decent run after Spurs, but I don't trust Pellegrino to keep playing him or organise a clean sheet in launderette at the minute.

Already have Bournemouth and West Ham defenders so ruling their keepers out, and will be looking to get a cheap Leicester defender in soon.

4.4 options would help me the most as it'd leave me enough to upgrade RLC to Oxlade-Chamberlain in one move next week :(

I'd get Pickford good fixtures and a guaranteed game in 31.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

2 FT - Stones and Vardy in for Klavan and Morata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

shineon23 wrote: »
    With news that Lloris is a doubt with illness I'm faced with a problem. Looking for some advice.

I have already took a -4 to sort out my strikers.
    Should I take another hit, in the hope that the keeper I buy keeps a clean sheet, to Net me 2 points. (6 points -4 for the hit)

My other GK is Elliot, so even if he does play I don't expect many points.

My plans were to move Lloris on after the Southampton game anyway so he'd likely be part of another hit next week anyway.

Options:
    Budget is 5.5. Already have 3 City Players so Ederson is ruled out.

Courtois (5.5), good run of games, but already have Alonso.

Ryan (4.5) tough game this week, good run coming up

Darlow (4.4) tough game this week, but will eliminate keeper rotation as either him or Elliott should play each week.

Cech (5.4) decent run of games, but just sold an Arsenal defender as clean sheets were hard to come by.

Foster (4.4)
    And start a bit of Pardew ball.

McCarthy (4.4) Decent run after Spurs, but I don't trust Pellegrino to keep playing him or organise a clean sheet in launderette at the minute.

Already have Bournemouth and West Ham defenders so ruling their keepers out, and will be looking to get a cheap Leicester defender in soon.

4.4 options would help me the most as it'd leave me enough to upgrade RLC to Oxlade-Chamberlain in one move next week :(

Karius at 4.8 has some good fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

siblers wrote: »
    Lingard to Mahrez for a minus 4.

I sold Hazard, Richarlson and Lingard, wouldn't be surprised if they all went nuts at the weekend

why drop an in form Lingard especially for a hit?

Hmmm , I was thinking either all out premium keeper or as cheap as possible. Here's another potential headache considering the mid priced keepers :D
    I'd get Pickford good fixtures and a guaranteed game in 31.

There's a spanner in my plans, I had thought Everton's run was trickier, Pickford is now on my list of maybes
    FitzShane wrote: »
    Karius at 4.8 has some good fixtures coming up.
    Anytime I touch a Liverpool defender they seem to get rotated can't put myself through that again.

Do yous think I'm right going for another hit this week rather than playing no keeper and taking hit next week?

As it stands I'll likely be getting 0 for my keepers if Lloris misses out.
    if my replacement keeper plays and gets 2 points, 2-4 would only be a minus 2 hit of sorts, If my replacement keepers a clean sheet id be on 6-4 for +2 points net.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Wildcard almost finished, looking for the bargain bucket bench defenders.

What's the consensus on the 4.3 and below defenders, anyone nailed?

I'm talking the Martin Kellys, the Ben Chilwells, the Danny Simpsons, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    why drop an in form Lingard especially for a hit?

Its a risk but Leicester got some very decent fixtures and Utd got some tricky fixtures, plus he maybe rotated if/when Sanchez comes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

ScummyMan wrote: »

Add Barnsley & Wimmer from Stoke...all question marks over them but in the price bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Add Barnsley & Wimmer from Stoke...all question marks over them but in the price bracket

I'm probably going to go with Tomkins actually who appears to be the safest

ScummyMan wrote: »

Tomkin's, Francis fairly nailed on

• Advertisement

Tomkin's, Francis fairly nailed on

Francis definitely nailed on, Bournemouth club captain.

Advertisement