Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man City - SS 4pm on Sunday 14th January 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If that Aguero effort went in Klopp right now would be called a laughing stock.

Liverpool deserve credit for the win and they have shown that you must get at City to beat them, but you also need to be able to see out a lead and to alter the gameplan when the situation requires it. Otherwise they will be found out like that season under Rodgers when they went close.

Don't think Guardiola will panic after the result. It might prove to be a useful one in the long run. I wouldn't want to be Newcastle who play City next. I can see a mighty backlash heading their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Haven't won 5 league games in a row this season, or any season under klopp?
    We are at 4 yet again, another chance for the 5 in a row. We'll need 10 in a row and for city to draw and lose 2 in that time to make it a race. If gap is down to 7 pts with 5 games to go anything can happen.

Credit to both teams. Both set out to attack and play football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Well one is without doubt

The other a bit more debatable, but isn't football a game of opinions
    Careful.

• Here is my take on Chamberlain:

Tbf he done his best to get out of arsenal and joined a team with a bit of ambition

As I said earlier that was his best performance in a long time for a player who has been played in the wrong position so many times by Wenger and also suffers from inconsistency

But if klopp gives him a sustained run in the same position there could be a quality player in there

Oddly this speaks volumes for Arsenal even though they are not involved. How far they have fallen. And Sanchez gone too shows it

I'm raging to see Liverpool win but still happy to see pep get slapped

Same for this horse**** about city being the best pl team ever

Embarrassing from sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Urindanger wrote: »
    For all their silly mistakes at the back, City will feel a little unlucky there. Otamendi's header goes a few inches lower and it crashes down off the bar and in.

Two best teams to watch in the league serving up a game only they can. Great watch.

Is this serious .

pool totally dominated the game had no keeper and by your thinking pool should have had about 7 goals.

if result was by way game went about 6 -1 to pool was right score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ederson might have had an off day but god he looked as terrible as a Liverpool keeper when it was actually put to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

We are at 4 yet again, another chance for the 5 in a row. We'll need 10 in a row and for city to draw and lose 2 in that time to make it a race. If gap is down to 7 pts with 5 games to go anything can happen.

You did see our keeper and defense today ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Here is my take on Chamberlain:

Tbf he done his best to get out of arsenal and joined a team with a bit of ambition

As I said earlier that was his best performance in a long time for a player who has been played in the wrong position so many times by Wenger and also suffers from inconsistency

But if klopp gives him a sustained run in the same position there could be a quality player in there

Oddly this speaks volumes for Arsenal even though they are not involved. How far they have fallen. And Sanchez gone too shows it

I'm raging to see Liverpool win but still happy to see pep get slapped

Same for this horse**** about city being the best pl team ever

Embarrassing from sky

Ox has been getting better and better. If he keeps up as he's going he's a nailed on starter.
    As someone in the Liverpool thread said a few weeks ago it's just taking Klopp a while to hug the Arsenal out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

pjohnson wrote: »
    I still cant help thinking of Blackpool under Holloway when I watch Liverpool!

Don't see even the slightest comparison. Apart from orange being slightly similar to red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Don't see even the slightest comparison. Apart from orange being slightly similar to red.

Really? The whole defence be damned and just rely on wave after wave of attack? I mean its exciting sure but it is very risky haha

Or did you think you were in total control at the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

And that's for those of you who are watching in Black and White

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.makeagif.com%2Fmedia%2F4-20-2016%2F-fvfTe.gif&hash=8af8d8790cfc0321635d023ef9e8dbc8

You did see our keeper and defense today ?

We've signed a leader in VVD, was hoping that could solve our defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Really? The whole defence be damned and just rely on wave after wave of attack? I mean its exciting sure but it is very risky haha

That's why they spent such a ridiculous amount of money on Van Dijk though, Klopp knows his defence is crap and if Van Dijk comes in and makes them an organised unit it'll be money well spent.

They still need a keeper though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Are you having a laugh? There won’t be any title race. City have it won.

''Both keepers not good enough to win league or champions league, but come on Mignolet is a better keeper than Karius '' Carra

A German Holloway one might say.

Salty tears yum yum :)

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh? There won’t be any title race. City have it won.

Wins come in pairs, as do defeats. Would be no surprise now to see them lose another one or two and draw some, But can any team win 10 in a row to take advantage, this i doubt more.
    I have no doubt City will now lose another 2 games and draw some.

fullstop wrote: »
    That's why they spent such a ridiculous amount of money on Van Dijk though, Klopp knows his defence is crap and if Van Dijk comes in and makes them an organised unit it'll be money well spent.

VVD will improve Liverpool’s defence but he’s not going to solve their problems. Liverpool’s approach is so open that this isn’t a problem of personnel, it’s how they are set up.

That said, it’s that approach that makes them so enjoyable to watch.

• Advertisement

Wins come in pairs, as do defeats. Would be no surprise now to see them lose another one or two and draw some, But can any team win 10 in a row to take advantage, this i doubt more.
    I have no doubt City will now lose another 2 games and draw some.

No chance of it happening. City won’t lose 2 games and draw a few in the next 10 and Liverpool will drop points anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

DeanAustin wrote: »
    VVD will improve Liverpool’s defence but he’s not going to solve their problems. Liverpool’s approach is so open that this isn’t a problem of personnel, it’s how they are set up.

That said, it’s that approach that makes them so enjoyable to watch.

He’s not going to solve everything, but the errors from Lovren, Matip and Klavan have cost us this season. They will reduced with VVD as part of the team. Given their current run of form all they are missing is a good keeper.

fullstop wrote: »

Exactly its a start but currently he is just extremely gung ho, yes it yields to scoring plenty but it certainly leaks many the other end.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    A German Holloway one might say.

Salty tears yum yum :)

Why am I salty you eejit. I wanted city to loose. Its those blinkers again I guess. I dunno what liquid you are slurping but enjoy it. Never in doubt. Klopp had ye see the game out solidly.

• pjohnson wrote: »
    Why am I salty you eejit. I wanted city to loose. Its those blinkers again I guess. I dunno what liquid you are slurping but enjoy it. Never in doubt. Klopp had ye see the game out solidly.

He will do his best to turn this onto something it isn't

Even though everyone in here has given credit to Liverpool

Pretty clueless post being compared to Holloways Blackpool. Probably showing your knowledge on the differences between the two I'd guess? Bitter post without a doubt. Little victories and all that :)

Anyway, enjoy City being beaten. Most Utd fans and any fans really wanted that except the real bitter ones! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Jose reminds of Pulis at stoke. No interest in playing football just trying to get a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

niallo27 wrote: »
    Jose reminds of Pulis at stoke. No interest in playing football just trying to get a result.

Cool story bro. What's that got to do with today's game?

• Advertisement

• niallo27 wrote: »

Ffs Niallo seriously
    Nothing got to do with this game lad!
    Go and enjoy your win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Cool story bro. What's that got to do with today's game?

About as much as Ian Holloway and Blackpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

ScummyMan wrote: »
    The absolute irony of those idiots booing Sterling while simultaneously being delighted with Van Dijk.

Did you comment on Man City fans booing Milner in the 1st game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Coutinho is so watching this, and so cheering us on

Who cares he is gone time to move on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

''Both keepers not good enough to win league or champions league, but come on Mignolet is a better keeper than Karius '' Carra

Do Liverpool fans think this?
    I think Karius is better myself from my brief watching of Liverpool, however i dont understand why they didnt go for Horn if Klopp wanted a very good German keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If Liverpool had a proper keeper they would be comfortable in 2nd place in the league. With those two clowns they have it will be touch and go for top 4. Firmino proving again he is top class . Ideal front man for a klopp team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I think they are both ****e but Mignolet has proven to be ****e more regularly so won't mind karius getting a run to see if he can be less ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Speaking of keepers, thought Ederson looked very ordinary today. Aside from the 2 errors that led to goals, he flapped at a lot of crosses. Perhaps a bad day at the office but it might affect his confidence for the rest of the season.

This performance maybe explains why he is not first choice with Brazil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

If Liverpool had a proper keeper they would be comfortable in 2nd place in the league. With those two clowns they have it will be touch and go for top 4. Firmino proving again he is top class . Ideal front man for a klopp team.

Ive said regularly hes my fave Liverpool player. I would love to see him at Madrid. His style of play would be perfect for Ronaldo/Bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That 10 minute period where we just blew them away was ****ing AWESOME. Pure dominance. Made them look physically and mentally weak. Incredible victory. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Speaking of keepers, thought Ederson looked very ordinary today. Aside from the 2 errors that led to goals, he flapped at a lot of crosses. Perhaps a bad day at the office but it might affect his confidence for the rest of the season.

This performance maybe explains why he is not first choice with Brazil.

I think he's almost second to none for distribution.

And mostly does that sweeper keeper this brilliantly (not too well today however).

So he's perfect for City.

His shot stopping is perhaps questionable. But luckily for him it's probably 3rd priority for City. They concede very few shots.

It's bizarre but City probably would not trade him for de Gea. And Ederson would probably not be too good were he at United.

He has still been a superb signing for them imo and is a perfect match for how they play. The way he pings the ball about is absurdly good for a keeper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

irishman86 wrote: »
    Ive said regularly hes my fave Liverpool player. I would love to see him at Madrid. His style of play would be perfect for Ronaldo/Bale

Firmino is no where near the level of Real Madrid,as an out an out striker (which he isnt) he is poor he has 10 goals this season for Liverpool.He is doing an ok job and has some nice strikes but he not even good enough to lead the line at Liverpool if they want to win trophies.
    Vardy scored one less goal than him and even Rooney scored the same and Firmino only missed one game.
    Clearly hes better than them two examples but hes nothing special either.

Firmino is no where near the level of Real Madrid,as an out an out striker (which he isnt) he is poor he has 10 goals this season for Liverpool.He is doing an ok job and has some nice strikes but he not even good enough to lead the line at Liverpool if they want to win trophies.
    Vardy scored one less goal than him and even Rooney scored the same and Firmino only missed one game.
    Clearly hes better than them two examples but hes nothing special either.

Firminio is Liverpool's most important player tbh alongside Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Firminio is Liverpool's most important player tbh alongside Salah.

Only because there is no other striker better than him in the squad,10 goals and we are well into half way into the season.Salah is clearly Liverpool best player and big clubs will be coming for him,but do you honestly think top tier clubs higher than Liverpool would be interested in Firmino.He is at his level and even at that Liverpool should be doing better.

Only because there is no other striker better than him in the squad,10 goals and we are well into half way into the season.Salah is clearly Liverpool best player and big clubs will be coming for him,but do you honestly think top tier clubs higher than Liverpool would be interested in Firmino.He is at his level and even at that Liverpool should be doing better.

Most underrated player in the entire premier league IMO.

Goals, assists, absolutely savage work rate, holds the ball up brilliantly. He's ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Most underrated player in the entire premier league IMO.

I'd agree with that statement. I can understand it somewhat as most people just judge strikers with goals . Firmino offers so much more than most other strikers although his goal return this year is decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The more underrated Fun Bobby stays the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd agree with that statement. I can understand it somewhat as most people just judge strikers with goals . Firmino offers so much more than most other strikers although his goal return this year is decent.

17 goals so far and only in January is not to be sniffed at.

Well that's it. There are strikers out there that unless they are scoring they don't really contribute much else. Firmino is constantly involved in everything. Might mean he sometimes isn't in the penalty area so his goal count isn't as high as some others but when you watch him every week you really appreciate a player like him.

17 goals and 8 assists in all competitions by mid January is pretty good going by any measure I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

All this talk of Firmino not scoring enough is hilarious. There’s literally not a single player in the squad I’d want to hold onto more, Salah included. He’s one of the best players in the league and the longer that goes unnoticed, the more it suits us. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

martyos121 wrote: »
    All this talk of Firmino not scoring enough is hilarious. There’s literally not a single player in the squad I’d want to hold onto more, Salah included. He’s one of the best players in the league and the longer that goes unnoticed, the more it suits us. :)

Shut the f**k up!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement