Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Shopper

• 13-01-2018 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I was wondering if there is a service like this available in Dublin/Galway or where is a good place or site to explore this option. I live down the country and am pretty busy at weekends between family and sports. This year we seem to have quite a number of weddings to attend and I honestly don't have the time to go around looking at dresses. I don't particularly like shopping and the few dreeses I have, have done the circuit a few times.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Debenhams have a free one.
    Dundrum have one that's 65 Euro for 2 hours.
    https://m.dundrum.ie/visitor-info/facilities/style-team
    If you're time stuck, I'd say it could be worth it though.
    My wife used it and found it excellent.
    You go through your budget and what you want, and there's a lot more choice of shops there too.
    She was under no pressure to buy and could leave stuff behind to but later / try on again if wanted.
    I heard all about it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

I can't recommend the personal shopping service in Arnotts enough - have used it twice; you get 90 minutes, great attention and there's no charge and no pressure to buy. They'll ask what you're looking for, what you like/dislike etc and will then find you some amazing pieces!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Brown Thomas in Galway have a personal shopper..actually they have two of them. They are free and no pressure to buy. I'd highly recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

What about if your price range doesn't extend to Armotts and BTs?

What's your best option then?

One of my New Years resolutions was to improve my work wardrobe.

The hardest thing to source are comfortable and smart shoes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Addle wrote: »
    What about if your price range doesn't extend to Armotts and BTs?

Debenhams do personal shopping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bayb12

Has anyone used this for workwear or would it be more for occasion wear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Can be used for both - any wear to be honest.
    You tell the stylist / personal shopper what you're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I've used Aideen Garvey and found her great http://www.aideengarvey.com/services-for-women. She bases herself in the Dundrum Town Centre and takes you round the shops there so every budget is catered for. I picked up some pieces I'd never have even looked at :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Probably a bit late now but House of Frasier in Dundrum have a free personal shopper who is great. Well I went to two there a couple of years ago and both were really good. They’ve a good selection of dresses for weddings so might be worth a look. Both times I went I got a few things I never would have even had a second glance at on my own. They stock everything from Oasis to Ted Baker so lots of options at all budgets.

What’s nice too is you give them ideas and they leave you to relax reading a magazine and bring all the clothes to you rather than needing to go with them to various shops like I think happens with the main Dundrum personal shopper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 AshlingMG

I would really really recommend Shirley Lane in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre; I have gone to her a number of times for both occasion and casual wear

Advertisement