Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Career with Engineering

Options
  • 14-01-2018 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

I am a fire engineer with 5 years experience and currently living in New Zealand. I am hoping to return to Ireland with my family later this year with Galway as our preferred location. The main problem with this is the lack of fire engineering opportunities in Galway.
    We really want to move here so I am considering what other career options I may have with my degree and experience. I love being a fire engineer but the desire to return home is strong and I need to do it for my family. Has anyone any advice or experience of switching career with an engineering degree. It could only be a temporary change until a relevant position comes up but I am keen to explore opportunities at this time.

Advertisement