Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving photos from old phone to new

Options
  • 14-01-2018 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

I've a bit of a conundrum with photos and moving them to a new iPhone 8.

I have the bog standard 5Gb iCloud for the backups, and that has worked fine, the new iPhone 8 was restored with the apps and data from the old iPhone.

The problem is, the photos are too big to fit onto iCloud (despite deleting a load, including videos), so I can't seem to transfer them to the new phone this way. I plugged the old phone into the computer, transferred them over to the PC, but when I plug in the iPhone 8, it's read-only, I can't copy the photos from the PC to the phone.

Aside from paying for the increased capacity on iCloud, is there a better way of transferring the photos from the old phone to the new?

Comments

Advertisement