Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aziz Ansari - sexual assault or unwarranted assault on reputation

1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Us men should be ashamed of ourselves :rolleyes: :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Jesus that's why I'm always tired so. Damn my hotness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Us men should be ashamed of ourselves :rolleyes: :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Is this for real?
    If so, I must admit it, I too am a rapist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Is this for real?

assuming it works both ways we all are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm pleased to see mainstream media opinion pieces on the likes of CNN and the NYT call this out for what it is: nonsense. Feels like a movement that has taken a step too far and overreached.

Of course, it doesn't invalidate *everything* that has been discussed in recent times and far from it. But I'm hoping this serves as a good reference point for the maintenance of female agency and responsibility within the wider context of calling people (mostly men) to account for their unacceptable behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Is this for real?

giphy.gif

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Of course, it doesn't invalidate *everything* that has been discussed in recent times and far from it. But I'm hoping this serves as a good reference point for the maintenance of female agency and responsibility within the wider context of calling people (mostly men) to account for their unacceptable behaviour.

It might make sense to get women to come together, and decide what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior... since there is such a huge variance in opinion and also seems to change every week. Now, there's the very obvious violent or aggressive behavior, but I've seen remarks ranging from complimenting a woman being harassment to looking in her general direction (in her opinion it being sexually related) being assault.

Apparently, men are supposed to just know what is unacceptable behavior to every woman (Telepathically knowing of her personal opinion of what is unacceptable). It was so much simpler when courtesy/manners and common sense taught us what was unacceptable. But now, it seems like pretty much everything a man might do in the presence of a female can be considered some form of harassment, assault or abuse.

And TBH I don't expect too many people taking any lessons from this except that men are creepy. The wider message that it was an unproven accusation will be pushed into the background.

Advertisement