Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please don't shoot me

• 14-01-2018 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a decent tablet for my kids to share.
    I made the mistake of buying "children's tablet" from pigsback before xmas. They did nothing but cause a bloody argument they were so slow. The lag between pressing a button and the app actually opening infuriated me never mind the kids

We had a great lenovo, and despite having a kid friendly cover, it was dropped and landed right on the corner and the screen smashed

I've a kindle here that they use but the lack of the play store in a pain in the bum

Please don't think my kids are 24/7 on screens. They just like to play a few games every now and then, and I'm not gunna lie, I enjoy the half hour here and there

So

I need android
    Screen size doesn't matter
    Speed does matter, a lot, lagging drives me demented
    Cheap as possible

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction???

Muchos in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Not android but the Amazon fire 7in can be got for next to nothing.
    Fairly good quality and good screen ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

you can get the play store for the fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Speed does matter, a lot, lagging drives me demented
    Cheap as possible

Lagging is directly related to the microprocessor speed in the device.

The microprocessor is the single most important and expensive part of any tablet, phone, PC, etc.

The better the processor the less lagging you will experience.

The device manufactures don't make the processors, they buy them off Qualcomm or Intel. So if they pay a lot for the possessor microchip they have to charge a lot for the device as a whole otherwise they can't make a profit.

That is why you can't get a device with no lag and get it cheaply at the same time unless you buy something used off an auction site which is what I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

You've bought a couple of tablets up to now. What sort of budget do you have in your head? I understand you mentioned cheap as possible, but you must have a ballpark figure?

Does it have to be new btw? Did you try on adverts.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Would an old phone not to the job just as well if the screen size is not an issue? My 3.5 year old doesn't care if he watches stuff on a kindle, android tablet or a phone. I'd say you must have an aul phone lying around that you could strip of all apps apart from the ones the kids use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Put the play store on the Amazon tablet. It's not that hard, Google it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Just make sure you get a 16gb Fire, the 8gb will break your heart constantly moving apps to the SD card!

Advertisement