Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week long ban from weather forum / totally unreasonable

Options
  • 14-01-2018 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

I have just received a week long ban for no reason whatsoever. Could I please discuss this with someone?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

fraxinus1 wrote: »
    I have just received a week long ban for no reason whatsoever. Could I please discuss this with someone?

Have you discussed it with the mod in question? That's the first step in a dispute over a card or ban. If you cannot come to agreement with the mod and still believe you ban warrants an appeal, then a thread in this forum is the second step

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

fraxinus1 has been in touch with me via PM. I have advised him that he is free to proceed with his appeal as we cannot resolve this ourselves.
    I will flag this thread with Black Swan as I am the banning mod in this instance

Lumi

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

fraxinus1 wrote: »
    Hi fraxinus1,
    You have exchanged PMs with the banning mod, and it appears that it has not been resolved at the 1st stage outlined in the above dispute resolution flowchart; consequently, I will be reviewing this ban. Please forward by PM to me copies of all the PMs you have shared. Also, you may provide me with any additional information you feel is useful towards this review.

Sincerely,
    Black Swan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi fraxinus1,
    I have posted above requesting both your side of this issue, along with PMs that you may have shared with the banning mod. As a followup, I have also PMed you accordingly. Although your profile shows you have been active on boards during this time, you have not replied. I would like to hear your side of this issue before completing my review. Please PM reply or reply here.

Sincerely,
    Black Swan

REQUEST TO ADMIN:
    Please close this DRP. During the last 3 weeks fraxinus1 has failed to reply to my repeated requests by posts on this thread and PM's for additional information regarding his appeal of this 1-week ban from Weather. During this time his profile has revealed that he has visited boards two or more times. Furthermore, this DRP is now mostly redundant with a 2nd DRP he has posted on this forum within the last couple days. I can address both in the new one shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

DRP resolved, as OP hasn't engaged with the thread in three weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement