Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google chromecast

Options
  • 14-01-2018 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭

Hi there, technical question from a tech dumbass that requires a bit of help. I have sky sports on my iPhone, also have an old-ish tv ,2008, but it does have hdmi port on it but no WiFi. Will I be able to use chromecast to watch sky sports?? Have seen some people saying sky won’t work so don’t want to buy chromecast unless I’m sure it’ll work. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

I think the sky app blocks sharing via chromecast (or any other device).

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/SkyGo-SkyQ-iOS-app-to-Chromecast/td-p/2719169

It would prob need to use a laptop + tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Vision123456

I've Chromecast and it won't allow you too use sky go app this bit I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MahatmaGranny

As far as I know you cant get sky apps on your chromecast but if its sky sports you want, I recommend downloading mobdro onto your phone it gives you all the cable channels including all the sports channels (even the ones sky doesnt have) You can download it from google but its not on the appstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

There’s an app called MomoCast that will mirror your screen on the TV or cast videos from webpages.
    Might be worth giving it a try, I’ve not tried it with Sky but it works for anything I have ever tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

There’s an app called MomoCast that will mirror your screen on the TV or cast videos from webpages.
    Might be worth giving it a try, I’ve not tried it with Sky but it works for anything I have ever tried.

Do u need chromecast for it to work??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

As far as I know you cant get sky apps on your chromecast but if its sky sports you want, I recommend downloading mobdro onto your phone it gives you all the cable channels including all the sports channels (even the ones sky doesnt have) You can download it from google but its not on the appstore.

I’ve an iPhone so no can do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Do u need chromecast for it to work??

Yeah. It’s an app that gives you the same sort of features you would have with an Android device and a Chromecast.
    Out of the box, an iPhone and a Chromecast are not the greatest match. YouTube and Netflix is about the height of it.

Advertisement