Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 2013 settings for eircom email address

Options
  • 14-01-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

HI, I got a new laptop and i am trying to set up our email address on Outlook 2013. I have entered all the settings and the test email works and a small number of emails come through in it. THe majority emails are still coming in on our old laptop which is running Outlook 2007. Can anyone explain why that is or help me make sure all the emails come to the new laptop and Outlook 2013?

Thanks In Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

athlone99 wrote: »
    HI, I got a new laptop and i am trying to set up our email address on Outlook 2013. I have entered all the settings and the test email works and a small number of emails come through in it. THe majority emails are still coming in on our old laptop which is running Outlook 2007. Can anyone explain why that is or help me make sure all the emails come to the new laptop and Outlook 2013?

Thanks In Advance.
    Chances are this is a POP or IMAP account - if the settings on the original outlook 2007 are to retrieve then delete (that's the default), then the new outlook 2013 will only receive messages not already retrieved on the original (hence the tests mail work as they are an instant send/receive).

If the new one is replacing the old one completely then leaving the old outlook closed will likely leave all the new messages still on the server for the new outlook to retrieve. 

All the old mail would have to be exported from the old to the new if you want to keep all together though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks In Advance.
    Hi Athlone99,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your Email address. If you give our technical support team a ring on 1890 260 260 or free phone 1901, they should be able to look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭athlone99

Sector

Thanks for that i will give that a go. If that fails i will contact tech support.
    sector wrote: »

Thanks In Advance.
    Chances are this is a POP or IMAP account - if the settings on the original outlook 2007 are to retrieve then delete (that's the default), then the new outlook 2013 will only receive messages not already retrieved on the original (hence the tests mail work as they are an instant send/receive).

If the new one is replacing the old one completely then leaving the old outlook closed will likely leave all the new messages still on the server for the new outlook to retrieve. 

All the old mail would have to be exported from the old to the new if you want to keep all together though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Sector

Thanks for that i will give that a go. If that fails i will contact tech support.
    sector wrote: »

Thanks In Advance.

No Problem.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement