Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Fake watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

vandriver wrote: »
    So for the elimination of any doubt...did you pay €300 for it?

Nearer 400. I really hope it doesn't come back as counterfeit.Well if it is, it won't come back !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I must be missing something here. Why are you sending it back at all. Did your OH not buy the watch in good faith. Is there something wrong with it. If it works does it matter if it's a fake. If it is a fake you'll end up with fcuk all. Then what?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

dragona wrote: »
    Nearer 400. I really hope it doesn't come back as counterfeit.Well if it is, it won't come back !

Let us know what Tissot say after looking at it. Fingers crossed its genuine and your husband got a phenomenal deal.

emeldc wrote: »
    I must be missing something here. Why are you sending it back at all. Did your OH not buy the watch in good faith. Is there something wrong with it. If it works does it matter if it's a fake. If it is a fake you'll end up with fcuk all. Then what?

What???? Of course I don't want if its fake ,paying that amount of money for a non genuine article is scandalous.

I have seen it on replica watch websites, advertised as a replica, for the same amount that my husband paid, and not the very high price that the original is going for.

The watch was sold as genuine, but honestly it was so cheap I think it might be fake! I'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Surely they dont have the right to destroy your property even if it is fake?

• Advertisement

What???? Of course I don't want if its fake ,paying that amount of money for a non genuine article is scandalous.

I have seen it on replica watch websites, advertised as a replica, for the same amount that my husband paid, and not the very high price that the original is going for.

The watch was sold as genuine, but honestly it was so cheap I think it might be fake! I'll have to wait and see.

Ok, so if it's fake and you have no watch anymore, how will you return it and if it's real your OH half will know you think it's a cheap looking piece of sh1t.

Ok, so if it's fake and you have no watch anymore, how will you return it and if it's real your OH half will know you think it's a cheap looking piece of sh1t.

Actually it looks absolutely beautiful, and if it is fake it is exceptional. If it is destroyed we will get confirmation from Tissot and take it from there.

Actually it looks absolutely beautiful, and if it is fake it is exceptional. If it is destroyed we will get confirmation from Tissot and take it from there.

Jeez, I dunno. If I bought a watch for the wife in good faith regardless of the price and she sent it off to the makers to have it authenticated it would be the last fuggin' watch she'd get off me. Hopefully in your case it turns out to be real. But either way I think you'll have taken some of the enjoyment out of receiving a gift from someone. If it's fake we can have a megathread on your efforts to get your money back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

OP just be aware that discounts on Amazon can be genuine. I bought a lovely rose gold Rotary watch off Amazon a few years back at an exceptionally discounted price. A lot of the reviews questioned if it was a fake or not so I got in touch with Rotary to check who confirmed it was real and registered it for the lifetime guarantee. They noted that it was an end of line watch that there were only a few of left in places and they hadn't made in a couple of years hence the heavily discounted price against the RRP.

Can I ask why the obsession with finding out if it is a genuine Tissot if it looks to be that way and you like the watch? Surely that is what should matter not the make.

Not obsessed at all. After receiving the watch I was absolutely delighted. Then my husband said oh no hope it's not fake, look.and shows me the replica website.

Cue suspicions.and a lot of googling.

Also although seller has good reviews, there were some, but only a few, claiming their watches were replicas.

• Advertisement

I'm sure Tissot wouldn't send me back a fake Tissot watch, no matter what I paid for it

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Bought something in good faith on Amazon Marketplace recently that turned out to be counterfeit. Dealing with Amazon was a breeze. Got a full refund without having to return the item and the seller's account was deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

TBH, paying 400 quid for that thing is also scandalous.

Jeez, I dunno. If I bought a watch for the wife in good faith regardless of the price and she sent it off to the makers to have it authenticated it would be the last fuggin' watch she'd get off me. Hopefully in your case it turns out to be real. But either way I think you'll have taken some of the enjoyment out of receiving a gift from someone. If it's fake we can have a megathread on your efforts to get your money back :rolleyes:

Ah no that's not fair, I was thrilled to get it and never even crossed my mind that it wasn't genuine. But for my husband pointing out how much he paid and finding the replica websites.

I know how much the original was going for as we were looking online at watches, and I pointed out I liked it, not EVER imagining I would get it, €1400 is rather a lot on a watch!

Ah no that's not fair, I was thrilled to get it and never even crossed my mind that it wasn't genuine. But for my husband pointing out how much he paid and finding the replica websites.

I know how much the original was going for as we were looking online at watches, and I pointed out I liked it, not EVER imagining I would get it, €1400 is rather a lot on a watch!

So if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, in monetary terms what would have been your cut off point where you wouldn't have been suspicious that it wasn't actually a duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

dragona wrote:
    €1000 ish off ? Found it on sale at €1300 ! Methinks too much of a discount

No I wouldn't agree I had the second brand bought it for 1500 they went on sale for 800

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It's a fake of their intellectual property they will destroy it, you have no right to own a counterfeit item. I knew some people who worked for Rolex and as soon as an item was confirmed fake it met Mr Hammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Pelvis wrote: »

Yes, god forbid people spend their hard earned cash on luxury goods. €400 is absolutely nothing for a watch btw, have a look at A Lange & Sohne if you want to see what an expensive watch costs.

Pelvis wrote: »

Well different strokes for different folks. I like it.

• Advertisement

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Well well well
    Just had a call from Tissot, the watch is genuine!
    All the movement inside is legit, as is the case and diamonds.
    Serial number is genuine. So delighted, and hubby got a VERY good deal! :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Well well well

That's great news, congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Well well well

That's excellent news glad it worked out well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Well well well

Could you please pm link to site he bought it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

ANXIOUS wrote:
    Could you please pm link to site he bought it please?

If you could post the link here so all boardsies could grab a bargain it would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Could you PM me also, looking for a nice watch as a birthday pressie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Ditto on the PM please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Diamonds in a men's watch? Bargain or no bargain - I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

T-Maxx wrote: »

How did you work out that's it a mens watch?

• Advertisement

T-Maxx wrote: »

It is a ladies watch !!, :Dhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Tissot-Womens-wristwatch-T0073091111601/dp/B00ADZFJBC/ref=sr_1_2?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1516905027&sr=1-2&keywords=T007.309.11.116.01+Tissot

Seems to have gone up in price..... :(

Advertisement