Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Fake watch

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Doh! That's embarrassing...

Influenced by all the bling watches siezed by the cab lately me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bit late now, but others might see the thread in the future. I would have taken photos and sent them to a watch collectors website, I think there may even be a watch forum on this site. They would advise what parts to photograph and are likely very good at spotting fakes.

You can see videos too.

I think it is odd that so many had this "it works, so whats the big deal" attitude.

I would be annoyed if my parents passed away and a watch was passed down to my sister and was discovered to be fake. Some items like this are not kept indefinitely, they can go out of fashion or people might need money for whatever reason and have to sell stuff as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I got a fake watch one time. I guess the fact there were small pears in place of the numbers and the hand going backwards instead of forwards should of been a dead giveaway.

Advertisement