Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen iPhone with a happy ending.

Options
  • 14-01-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭

My 6s plus got stolen last Sunday night at 10.30. Had Find My Phone activated. Thieves got the message to call the number I had nominated, they did and arranged a time and place for the “ransom” as they called it, we called cops, signed into my FMP on my wife’s iPhone, cops headed off to meet them with her iPhone, when they got there they played the alarm sound, then picked the guys out and retrieved the phone at 4.am.

Always activate Find My Phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

naasrd wrote: »
    My 6s plus got stolen last Sunday night at 10.30. Had Find My Phone activated. Thieves got the message to call the number I had nominated, they did and arranged a time and place for the “ransom” as they called it, we called cops, signed into my FMP on my wife’s iPhone, cops headed off to meet them with her iPhone, when they got there they played the alarm sound, then picked the guys out and retrieved the phone at 4.am.

Always activate Find My Phone.

If that actually happened, then that is a sincere job well done by the Gardaí....

Advertisement