Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

River Island Sizing

• 14-01-2018 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Just ordered two dresses and tried them on I bought a 16 feeling hopeful and a size 18 feeling realistic after Christmas! Neither fit they’re both too small. I’ve just looked at the labels and the size 18 is an EU 44 and the size 16 is an EU 42. Anywhere else I’ve ordered clothes from an EU 44 is a size 16 and an EU 42 is a 14.

Has this always been the case with river island? Just confused about what sizes to order now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Wellyd wrote: »
    Just ordered two dresses and tried them on I bought a 16 feeling hopeful and a size 18 feeling realistic after Christmas! Neither fit they’re both too small. I’ve just looked at the labels and the size 18 is an EU 44 and the size 16 is an EU 42. Anywhere else I’ve ordered clothes from an EU 44 is a size 16 and an EU 42 is a 14.

Has this always been the case with river island? Just confused about what sizes to order now?

Normally that's the case but Scandinavian/German 40 is French or Spanish 42. While Italian sizing is usually stated because it's significantly different, the rest is often lumped together. In Mango European 42 is 14 and in Cos it's European 40. Don't get me started on S, M, L. I'm around size 10/12 on top and swimming in anything but S in Cos. Mango small wouldn't even go over my head and I often have to go for large.

I just checked and RI state French size separately so their European would be German or Scandinavian.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 beautyobsessed

I find river island is either or hit or miss with sizing - you really have to try it on. I never buy online unless its make up and it has to be the official website to avoid buying fakes that might end up damanging my skin or eye area.

Advertisement