Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a company name & grants

Options
  • 14-01-2018 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I currently have a hobby whereby I own a .ie domain and currently building up the name of "company.ie". Therefore I am looking to secure the company name as well. However I am wondering what the good and bad sides are for registering the company name to include the .ie or not including it. Perhaps I am better registering both? Currently they are both available, but I suppose once I register one it would be unlikley someone is going to register another company with the other version of the name?

Second question is the various incentives for entrepreneurs like SURE through the local enterprise office. Currently I am looking to secure the company name and will not have any revenue although I am aware I still need to submit annual returns. I am unsure when I will actually earn an income from it, perhaps it might be a few months from now. Is there a window by which these grants can be applied for? Would I be wasting time registering now and perhaps wait until I have an income coming in?

Thanks

Advertisement