Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House closing - 10 months on....

Options
  • 15-01-2018 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So purchased a house, in April 2017, January 2018, still waiting on keys.

House is in negative equity, bank had to give consent which took from June to November when verbal consent came. Finally in January written consent came and then queries form our solicitor about contents of the letter, wording needed to be clarified.

When will it end! Looking to get out of house I am in asap. Absolutely hate it and started house hunting again to rent somewhere just because I can't see this closing in the next couple of weeks?

Anyone actually used to dealing with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I'm 8 months waiting now. Planning issues and long holidays ( sale agreed before builders holidays, retention approved right before xmas )

I was on the pigs back last week when I was hearing about contracts ... we've hit a boundary issue. Our rental is expensive and uncomfortable now.

I've no advice just to say I know how you feel , beyond frustrated . Life has been on hold since I started saving 4 years ago . No tax break either as not a new build..... feel like taking my money and just emigrating at this stage.

Keep with it ! I hope he the worst is over for you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Not helpful to you folks but don't stop looking until you've got the keys, pulling out is sometimes the only option and if you stop looking once sale agreed you start from square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

10 months, that's insane! ours took 8 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marji Maye

ArtyC its heartbreaking isn't it.....im actually thinking of emigrating too. Tied to Ireland for another year as doing a course but not that sure i want to stay here like i thought i did! House should have come through by 2019.....hopefully.

My God 8 days seems equally unbelievable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Marji Maye wrote: »
    ArtyC its heartbreaking isn't it.....im actually thinking of emigrating too. Tied to Ireland for another year as doing a course but not that sure i want to stay here like i thought i did! House should have come through by 2019.....hopefully.

My God 8 days seems equally unbelievable!!

It's so frustrating. I'm saving the same and watching my outgoings as I'm ready to have to reapply for my mortgage. The couch in our rental is a bag of springs-/- when you tend to stay in saving money this is actually making me irrationally angry !!

There isn't anyone to talk to really as they don't understand how much goes on hold and how long also, I'm purchasing alone.

I've kept an eye out in other properties but as a single buyer I haven't much options . This house is worth more but the owner dropped the price for me because of hassle he knew was to come. I'll update you if I've any news, hopefully good news to spur you on !

• Advertisement
Advertisement