Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 2l bottle of water contaminated

Options
  • 15-01-2018 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I took a sip of a 2lt bottle of water I bought from lidl this evening, it was of a sewage taste extremely unpleasant I feel like vomiting still 10 minutes later I didn't even sallow it. What can be done here I'm worried there is a contaminated batch that might hurt someone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

stevek93 wrote: »
    Hi,

I took a sip of a 2lt bottle of water I bought from lidl this evening, it was of a sewage taste extremely unpleasant I feel like vomiting still 10 minutes later I didn't even sallow it. What can be done here I'm worried there is a contaminated batch that might hurt someone.

Contact Lidl???

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Go to Lidl straightaway tomorrow. Or contact their HQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

stevek93 wrote: »
    Hi,

Did you contact Lidl? I usually buy the pack of 2ltr bottles in there, but might avoid it now if it might be contaminated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Are you sure it was a bottle of water? Lidl has 2l bottles of sewage on special buy this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Are you sure it was a bottle of water? Lidl has 2l bottles of sewage on special buy this week.

If you have nothing helpful to add, then please don't post.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Keep the bottle for analysis and hand it back to Lidl. Would you need to keep some yourself. I don't know how successful you will be but it might help others if there is a bad batch.

I haven't heard of anything like this happening before, but I suppose there is a first time for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I'm surprised you need to ask.

Simply bring it back to the store. They can immediately check other stock. If there's an issue they can reference the batch number and get onto their warehouse.

Frankly, there's no other option if you really wish to ensure safety for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

sewage taste? This calls for more questions then answers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

I'd agree here you need to contact Lidl ASAP. They will take it very seriously if there's an issue.

They're on 1800 347 447 (free of charge)

Also you can contact the FSAI (Food Safety Authority of Ireland)

https://www.fsai.ie/make_a_complaint.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Well if they haven't by now, they never will...

• Advertisement
Advertisement