Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking.com trouble

Options
  • 15-01-2018 8:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hoping someone can help me.

A few days ago I made a booking on booking.com to go away for a few days in Jury's Inn in a place in Ireland. I am usually careful, but made the mistake of choosing a non-refundable stay. The trip isn't until April.

I realised my mistake as soon as I got my confirmation email and clicked on the option to cancel booking (booking.com says they will contact hotel and see if it is possible and this may take 24 hours or so).

I was pretty hopeful I would be ok to cancel (amount was 500e) given that I explained it was a mistake and proof was I contacted them immediately and also the stay is months away.

Got an email back saying that I won't be refunded. ****e.

Today I got a text message saying my card can't be processed. I changed my card details a few months ago a d my old card details are still with booking.com.

If I don't change my card details, will I be sued or something for the money? As I'm in a contract and now owe them. I can get my partner to book the trip instead (refundable). I do want to go, but never book in advance if possible as things could go wrong.

Any help at all, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Yes, you got very lucky, there is nothing they can (will) do now. Just open a new account with Bookings.com using a different email address and your new card and be more careful in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Thanks snotty.

Are you sure. It is a binding contract. Could they not follow up with my bank? My partner is happy to book the same trip refundable, but I am concerned. I've looked on the Internet and can't see where this has happened before.

Not doubting your answer, just worried my bank will contact me saying it has become a legal matter.

I've been using the site a long time and am always so careful. Never book when tired/in a hurry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Yes, melenfez. Didn't think of that. Not sure what to do at this point. I wasnt expecting to pay for this now. Might hold off and see what they send.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Hi I had this same problem before with booking.com and actually it was the jurys hotel in Galway. 100% my fault and it was also a non refundable booking. I contacted jurys themselves explained my situation and they cancelled the booking for me.

In my situation I had booked multiple rooms for a hen party and had people drop out with little notice for very valid reasons. I have to say the jurys customer service could not have been more accommodating. I would suggest touching base with them and see how you go.

• Advertisement

Hi I had this same problem before with booking.com and actually it was the jurys hotel in Galway. 100% my fault and it was also a non refundable booking. I contacted jurys themselves explained my situation and they cancelled the booking for me.

In my situation I had booked multiple rooms for a hen party and had people drop out with little notice for very valid reasons. I have to say the jurys customer service could not have been more accommodating. I would suggest touching base with them and see how you go.

Thank you. Mine was also Jury's in Galway. I ended up just going ahead with the booking as the pay later option was 100e more and I have always found Jury's hotels good.

Looking forward to going now. And nice to know it's paid for 😊 Thanks for your post. Hope you had a nice stay!!

Advertisement