Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying off plan questions to ask

Options
  • 15-01-2018 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, I am a 1st time buyer potentially buying off plans.
    just wondering what sort of questions i should be asking estate agent in this scenario. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Hi, I am a 1st time buyer potentially buying off plans.
    just wondering what sort of questions i should be asking estate agent in this scenario. Thanks

Forget the estate agent, get the planning permission and every planning policy document you can find for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Why oh why is this happening again? Could be a good question to ask :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Full details of the property,
    address,
    what gurantee is there with the property,
    certificate that it is free pyrite,
    when will it be completed, (unlikley to be trutfull)
    Is there a standard contract, you need to have contract is subjest to good title and bank release of funds.
    This is to protect from Brexit and any econimic shock.....

What is included in the sale, for example will it be painted, tiled, will you have finished bathrooms, wardrobes....

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

Full details of the property,
    address,
    what gurantee is there with the property,
    certificate that it is free pyrite,
    when will it be completed, (unlikley to be trutfull)
    Is there a standard contract, you need to have contract is subjest to good title and bank release of funds.
    This is to protect from Brexit and any econimic shock.....

What is included in the sale, for example will it be painted, tiled, will you have finished bathrooms, wardrobes....

ensure your solicitor can insert a "subject to loan approval " clause.

Advertisement