Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for replacement TT

Options
  • 15-01-2018 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

So my old Technics SL-BD22 finally gave up last week after 30years plus of service

Looking to replace it and am looking for advice from people

Have kind of narrowed it down to the following

Audio Technica LP120 about €300

Pioneer PLX-350 about €350

and finally

a 2nd hand Technics SL-QD33 for about €150

I know 2nd hand can be a risk as it is a used old machine so not sure if it worth the risk

So would like to know peoples opinions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    So my old Technics SL-BD22 finally gave up last week after 30years plus of service

Looking to replace it and am looking for advice from people

Have kind of narrowed it down to the following

Audio Technica LP120 about €300

Pioneer PLX-350 about €350

and finally

a 2nd hand Technics SL-QD33 for about €150

I know 2nd hand can be a risk as it is a used old machine so not sure if it worth the risk

So would like to know peoples opinions

The shop upstairs in Tower Records had a few bargains in turntables recently, maybe Rega. For me Rega is step above either of the brands you're looking at. There are s/h bargains to be had as well (Thorens?) but factor in a new cart and maybe even a new arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

OK guys well I took a risk and after scouring the internet eBay etc decided to purchase ....

a Technics SL-Q3 from Germany

People expressed reservations about shipping etc but in fairness it arrived well packed and in great condition

It is now pride of place in my room with some great features so as automatic start and stop and a repeat function

Advertisement