Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 Inherited system

Options
  • 15-01-2018 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,
    New poster so hope I’ve posted in the right place, also searched for an answer to this but could not find, apologies if I’ve missed it.

I have an HKC SW1070 hybrid panel in a house I just bought. Alarm company will not hand out engineer code under any circumstances and I don’t have the energy or time to fight them.

My question is, if I do a hard reset of the system, will that reset absolutely everything, requiring all sensors to be re-paired and zones to be set up all over again?

Secondly I’ve read about an Engineer Lock - if this is present then does that prevent a hard reset altogether?

And thirdly and finally, if I want in the future to use the securecomm app with a GSM or Wifi module, then would my only option be to subscribe to that via an HKC approved alarm installer?

The alarm company which currently controls the engineer code is incredibly expensive and I want to run it DIY to save money. I ran a Visonic system in my flat for many years and was fine maintaining it myself using the installer manual.

Thanks a lot

mr_e

Advertisement