Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation of service

Options
  • 15-01-2018 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We had been previous customers of eir but were moving house. Cancelled previous broadband. That was fine. However, when we moved in my husband said he'd go with eir again. Went through the channels online and set up account. He didn't hear back and when he rang or I rang there was no record of this and issues with other line in new house. After getting nowhere, we went with another broadband provider.
    He received an email stating that eir engineer would be out to install broadband yet we were still waiting to hear back. He emailed an eir rep and cancelled this account and was assured it was.
    Then we noted DD transaction for €80.63 from eir on 10/01/2018.
    The frustrating thing is we cannot get in contact with anyone as the old account number is ceased and the new one (we thought we'd cancelled) isn't recognised.
    All I want is to speak with someone.
    Many thanks,
    Tríona

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

We had been previous customers of eir but were moving house. Cancelled previous broadband. That was fine. However, when we moved in my husband said he'd go with eir again. Went through the channels online and set up account. He didn't hear back and when he rang or I rang there was no record of this and issues with other line in new house. After getting nowhere, we went with another broadband provider.
    He received an email stating that eir engineer would be out to install broadband yet we were still waiting to hear back. He emailed an eir rep and cancelled this account and was assured it was.
    Then we noted DD transaction for €80.63 from eir on 10/01/2018.
    The frustrating thing is we cannot get in contact with anyone as the old account number is ceased and the new one (we thought we'd cancelled) isn't recognised.
    All I want is to speak with someone.
    Many thanks,
    Tríona
    Hi Ramona Flowers,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you have been having.

Feel free to PM me your account number and full name and I can investigate this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ramona Flowers

Hi Tracey,
    Many thanks for getting back to me.
    I got it sorted with a Chat Online rep.
    Tríona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Tracey,
    Many thanks for getting back to me.
    I got it sorted with a Chat Online rep.
    Tríona
    No problem, I'm glad to hear this. 

If you have any further queries or issues, please don't hesitate in coming back to us here. 

Thanks

Tracey  

Advertisement