Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 Cash Reward - No sign of voucher code!

Options
  • 15-01-2018 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

We signed up to an eir bundle in December (eir Complete Broadband & Phone - 12 month contract eir Fibre and eir Talk: 18 Dec 2017 - 18 Dec 2018) The new service from eir was fully activated back on 18/12/2017. As part of the December/Christmas promotional package she is supposed to receive a 50EUR Cashback Reward Voucher Code but nothing has been received at the nominated e-mail address on file with this account. I've already checked spam/junk folders in case the e-mail voucher went astray but there has been no sign of it there to date. As we are now well outside the "14 Days Cooling-Off Period" I would have expected to received the 50.00EUR Cashback instruction e-mail by now. Please escalate this issue to the relevant team responsible without further delay as this should have been sent out as soon as the "14 Days Cooling-Off Period" had passed, as far as I am concerned. I just contacted eir via webchat to communicate my concerns and they basically said support cannot help. They refused to pass on my query to the relevant team and whilst I was right in the middle of typing a follow-up reply, the webchat agent terminated our chat session which would be the same as hanging up on a phone call with a customer! As a new customer, this is very bizarre customer service. The agent concerned expected me to call 1901 to report the same issue that I had referred to them via webchat but I cannot understand why a support line cannot relay the query on behalf of a customer. I've since come across other customers with similar issues referred to 1901 in the past and still getting passed from pillar to post afterwards. If eir and it's agent had their own house in order in the first place, I should not have to report this whole issue. As a new customer, this is not the way to build trust going forward. Right now, we are so unimpressed by eir following this negative experience. Bad enough not to get the voucher as promised, but to have an eir  webchat agent go ahead and unilaterally terminate the chat session when you are in the middle of typing does not bode well at all. I wonder if there are any other customers are also waiting on the 50EUR Cash Rewards too? I can provide the relevant eir Customer Account Number on a PM once an agent responds back in due course. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

We signed up to an eir bundle in December (eir Complete Broadband & Phone - 12 month contract eir Fibre and eir Talk: 18 Dec 2017 - 18 Dec 2018) The new service from eir was fully activated back on 18/12/2017. As part of the December/Christmas promotional package she is supposed to receive a 50EUR Cashback Reward Voucher Code but nothing has been received at the nominated e-mail address on file with this account. I've already checked spam/junk folders in case the e-mail voucher went astray but there has been no sign of it there to date. As we are now well outside the "14 Days Cooling-Off Period" I would have expected to received the 50.00EUR Cashback instruction e-mail by now. Please escalate this issue to the relevant team responsible without further delay as this should have been sent out as soon as the "14 Days Cooling-Off Period" had passed, as far as I am concerned. I just contacted eir via webchat to communicate my concerns and they basically said support cannot help. They refused to pass on my query to the relevant team and whilst I was right in the middle of typing a follow-up reply, the webchat agent terminated our chat session which would be the same as hanging up on a phone call with a customer! As a new customer, this is very bizarre customer service. The agent concerned expected me to call 1901 to report the same issue that I had referred to them via webchat but I cannot understand why a support line cannot relay the query on behalf of a customer. I've since come across other customers with similar issues referred to 1901 in the past and still getting passed from pillar to post afterwards. If eir and it's agent had their own house in order in the first place, I should not have to report this whole issue. As a new customer, this is not the way to build trust going forward. Right now, we are so unimpressed by eir following this negative experience. Bad enough not to get the voucher as promised, but to have an eir  webchat agent go ahead and unilaterally terminate the chat session when you are in the middle of typing does not bode well at all. I wonder if there are any other customers are also waiting on the 50EUR Cash Rewards too? I can provide the relevant eir Customer Account Number on a PM once an agent responds back in due course. 
    Hi Awaityourreply,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been having.

Feel free to PM me your full name and account number and I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Hello Tracey,

Thank you for your acknowledgement today.

[snipped]

Query# (1)
    If you could find out what's the story regarding the 50EUR Cashback Reward promised for buying this bundle online as it's now well outside the "14 Days Cooling-Off Period" as the new Home Phone & Broadband dual bundle service was fully activated since 18/12/2017 according to my records. I understood that 14 Days AFTER 18/12/2017 has now elapsed yet no sign of e-mail with voucher code for 50EUR Cashback Voucher!

Query# (2)
    When I logged into "MyEir" at 12:00noon today to view the details of "Your usage this period" and it displayed the following:
    Unlimted calls to Irish Mobiles 0 / 1500 mins
    Unlimted calls to UK Landlines 42 / 1500 mins
    Unlimted calls to UK Mobiles 0 / 1000 mins  
    Why is there no separate listing for "Unlimited calls to IRISH LANDLINES" displayed with the relevant number of free bundle minutes in this window? I understood that Irish Landlines are to be included as part of this package bundle and it does seem rather odd that no allocation of free minutes is shown for Irish Landlines given that all of the other elements are specified in detail. Just from a transparency perspective it is a glaring omission. Why am I NOT able to view exactly how many minutes have been used Vs the total number of minutes allocated if and when we make calls to "Irish Landlines"? What is the total number of free minutes allocation in respect of calls made to Irish Landlines on this particular package? Please explain this...I should also be able to view this detail for Irish Landlines too given that it was an essential requirement of the bundle package we opted to purchase from the outset. When will I be able to view this omission on "MyEir" in the future? 

Query# (3)
    Also in the "Your out of bundle charges" it would help if it specified more detail on how the figure amount of €0.99 was generated to date. I think I have an idea but I should not have to engage in guesswork across the full billing cycle periods going forward in the months ahead.

It's a pity that E-mail as a method of contact continues to remain unavailable as an option for Residential Customers and that the Webchat support line seem unwilling to assist customers in relaying issues that arise. Very unimpressed by the non-delivery of the 50EUR voucher code, the inability to e-mail eir directly, the unhelpful and rude agents on eir webchat support line who think it is ok to unilaterally terminate a chat session while a customer is still in the process of typing, the missing usage counter for Unlimited calls to Irish Landlines when I view it on "MyEir"

Thank you for all your support and assistance regarding these customer account queries.  

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi AwaitYourReply, please PM your personal details to Tracey by clicking here.

Hi Mark,
    It's been a good while since I last messaged a host company via Boards.ie so; when I saw the reply button I mistakenly assumed that my response was only going to that named representative in question. I've since resent the mail response as a PM to Tracey directly by clicking on the link you referenced. Thank you for the "heads up" on this issue.  

Hi Mark,
    It's been a good while since I last messaged a host company via Boards.ie so; when I saw the reply button I mistakenly assumed that my response was only going to that named representative in question. I've since resent the mail response as a PM to Tracey directly by clicking on the link you referenced. Thank you for the "heads up" on this issue.  
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

I have received your PM and I will get back to you shortly.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok thanks Tracey

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    I look forward to receiving your response back in due course.
    Thank you

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    I sent a PM across to Tracey last evening at about 5:00pm which was in response to the PM she had sent me yesterday and I have yet to hear back. Very dissatisfied with the nature of the response and complete lack of assistance from support to date.
    Regards, Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    I sent a PM across to Tracey last evening at about 5:00pm which was in response to the PM she had sent me yesterday and I have yet to hear back. Very dissatisfied with the nature of the response and complete lack of assistance from support to date.
    Regards, Peter
    Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, Tracey is off today. Would you like to PM me your details and I would gladly look into this for you? 

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Regards, Peter
    Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, Tracey is off today. Would you like to PM me your details and I would gladly look into this for you? 

Thanks

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your acknowledgement. The last response I received from Tracey was on Wednesday morning 17/01/2018 despite subsequent follow-up correspondence sent by me on Wednesday afternoon & Thursday afternoon. I'll resend the whole issue as a PM directly to you as I've been getting absolutely nowhere with your colleague unfortunately and previous to that I had no success via eir webchat online either.  
    I'm sending it over to you right now. 
    Regards, Peter 

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Regards, Peter
    Hi Peter,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your acknowledgement. The last response I received from Tracey was on Wednesday morning 17/01/2018 despite subsequent follow-up correspondence sent by me on Wednesday afternoon & Thursday afternoon. I'll resend the whole issue as a PM directly to you as I've been getting absolutely nowhere with your colleague unfortunately and previous to that I had no success via eir webchat online either.  
    Regards, Peter 
    Ok, no problem.

I will get back to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭scudodave

Hi eir,

Im also waiting on 50 euro cash back.
    service went live on 28/11/17.

Thanks.

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Regards, Peter
    Hi Peter,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,

Regards, Peter 
    Ok, no problem.

Thanks

Thomas
    Ok thanks Thomas - Just sent it as a PM
    I may be unavailable myself for most of this afternoon so; if I do not acknowledge or respond to subsequent mail received before close of business today, I will review any incoming correspondence received later tonight and respond back afterwards.
    Regards,
    Peter

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Regards, Peter
    Hi Peter,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,

Regards, Peter 
    Ok, no problem.

Thanks

Thomas
    I may be unavailable myself for most of this afternoon so; if I do not acknowledge or respond to subsequent mail received before close of business today, I will review any incoming correspondence received later tonight and respond back afterwards.
    Regards,
    Peter
    No problem at all Peter.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Regards, Peter
    Hi Peter,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,

Regards, Peter 
    Ok, no problem.

Thanks

Thomas
    Regards,
    Peter
    No problem at all Peter.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your PM sent across earlier this afternoon. I have since read the latest update and I sent you a further PM a moment ago

Regards, Peter O'Sullivan
    on behalf of: Mary O'Sullivan  

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Regards, Peter
    Hi Peter,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,

Regards, Peter 
    Ok, no problem.

Thanks

Thomas
    Regards,
    Peter
    No problem at all Peter.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your PM sent across earlier this afternoon. I have since read the latest update and I sent you a further PM a moment ago

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Regards, Peter
    Hi Peter,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,

Regards, Peter 
    Ok, no problem.

Thanks

Thomas
    Regards,
    Peter
    No problem at all Peter.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas AND Tracey,

Thank you for sending your respective PMs via Boards.ie this morning

Since I've now received numerous PMs from you both this morning this is now only adding confusion as I assumed that you, Thomas had already taken over the complaint while Tracey was out of the office. 

Who am I dealing with now going forward?

Whose advice should I be following?

The whole reason I contacted eir via Boards.ie about 7 days ago was because I was NOT getting adequate assistance from the eir webchat "support" as they kept passing the buck and were unwilling to assist or even relay the queries to the relevant teams that have the expertise. 
    Unfortunately, my experience of eir webchat support online AND eir hosted by Boards.ie has NOT exceeded or met with my expectations in terms of providing adequate customer support either as it is too slow and fragmented. There would appear to be little or no cross communications between eir representatives if I am going to have two representatives contacting me today about the same issues.  

As far as I'm concerned, all of the issues reported should have been resolved some time ago but I am as wise today as I was before I ever contacted eir webchat support AND/OR eir via Boards.ie. Customers do not have an infinite amount of time to be constantly making renewed contact with separate departments of eir to get issues sorted out especially; when they are problems that originate at the company's end! 

Nothing that has been communicated to me by eir to date has impressed me as the company keeps expecting "the Customer" to chase up on each issue themselves despite alerting eir of the problems in great detail already. Once a customer reports a problem or a range of various issues as in our case, it should then be over to the company and the relevant team/dept to identify the route causes and deliver a solution to the customer. However; all we seem to be getting are lame excuses, insincere apologies and advice to contact another dept/team via other means. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. We are now well passed hearing apology after apology AND/OR hearing phrases along the lines that you can understand how frustrated we must feel - this is of no consolation to a customer when all the issues continue to remain unresolved. 

I would never have bothered to communicate via the eir webchat support or eir hosted via Boards.ie if I thought that support agents were unable to take ownership of customer queries or relay various issues on to the relevant departments/teams.     

I'll consider how genuine the apologies issued on behalf of eir are AFTER the company has dealt with all of the issues raised originally and offers us a Goodwill Gesture over the rude, unprofessional and incompetent service since we first made contact with the eir webchat support before eventually turning our attention to eir via Boards.ie. All queries should be handled and resolved by a Manager given the unsatisfactory service we have received to date. I'm not willing to go repeating myself yet again by telephoning other dept/teams on an 1890 telephone numbers or completing formal complaint forms as you already should have sufficient details such as Account Name/Account Number to escalate this complaint from this file. 

on behalf of: Mary O'Sullivan (Account Holder)

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Regards, Peter
    Hi Peter,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,

Regards, Peter 
    Ok, no problem.

Thanks

Thomas
    Regards,
    Peter
    No problem at all Peter.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas AND Tracey,

Since I've now received numerous PMs from you both this morning this is now only adding confusion as I assumed that you, Thomas had already taken over the complaint while Tracey was out of the office. 

The whole reason I contacted eir via Boards.ie about 7 days ago was because I was NOT getting adequate assistance from the eir webchat "support" as they kept passing the buck and were unwilling to assist or even relay the queries to the relevant teams that have the expertise. 
    Unfortunately, my experience of eir webchat support online AND eir hosted by Boards.ie has NOT exceeded or met with my expectations in terms of providing adequate customer support either as it is too slow and fragmented. There would appear to be little or no cross communications between eir representatives if I am going to have two representatives contacting me today about the same issues.  

As far as I'm concerned, all of the issues reported should have been resolved some time ago but I am as wise today as I was before I ever contacted eir webchat support AND/OR eir via Boards.ie. Customers do not have an infinite amount of time to be constantly making renewed contact with separate departments of eir to get issues sorted out especially; when they are problems that originate at the company's end! 

Nothing that has been communicated to me by eir to date has impressed me as the company keeps expecting "the Customer" to chase up on each issue themselves despite alerting eir of the problems in great detail already. Once a customer reports a problem or a range of various issues as in our case, it should then be over to the company and the relevant team/dept to identify the route causes and deliver a solution to the customer. However; all we seem to be getting are lame excuses, insincere apologies and advice to contact another dept/team via other means. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. We are now well passed hearing apology after apology AND/OR hearing phrases along the lines that you can understand how frustrated we must feel - this is of no consolation to a customer when all the issues continue to remain unresolved. 

I would never have bothered to communicate via the eir webchat support or eir hosted via Boards.ie if I thought that support agents were unable to take ownership of customer queries or relay various issues on to the relevant departments/teams.     

I'll consider how genuine the apologies issued on behalf of eir are AFTER the company has dealt with all of the issues raised originally and offers us a Goodwill Gesture over the rude, unprofessional and incompetent service since we first made contact with the eir webchat support before eventually turning our attention to eir via Boards.ie. All queries should be handled and resolved by a Manager given the unsatisfactory service we have received to date. I'm not willing to go repeating myself yet again by telephoning other dept/teams on an 1890 telephone numbers or completing formal complaint forms as you already should have sufficient details such as Account Name/Account Number to escalate this complaint from this file. 

Apologies for the confusion here. 

Thomas is handling your case, he has PM'd you there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mkov

I have just got a response from Support Eirdeals email

''

Many thanks for your query.

Your details have not as yet been sent across to us for processing.

It is highly likely that you will be included in the next file we receive as we get them regularly from eir.

We do appreciate your patience in this process.''

So it is not the company processing cashbacks, it's Eir not supplying information for them to hand out this cashback.

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,
    Hi AwaitYourReply,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok Tracey
    Thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Regards, Peter
    Hi Peter,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,

Regards, Peter 
    Ok, no problem.

Thanks

Thomas
    Regards,
    Peter
    No problem at all Peter.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas AND Tracey,

Apologies for the confusion here. 

Thomas is handling your case, he has PM'd you there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Ok thanks Tracey, I have responded as a PM to Thomas this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

[font=wf_segoe-ui_normal", "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif, serif, "EmojiFont]
    [font=Calibri,sans-serif]Hi Guys,[/font]

[font=Calibri,sans-serif]Received same reply as others
    [/font]

[font=Calibri,sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri,sans-serif]"Your details have not as yet been sent across to us for processing.[/font]
    [font=Calibri,sans-serif]eir send us the files across on a regular basis so it may be on it’s way over to us, but I cannot give you an exact day"[/font]

[font=Calibri,sans-serif]Can i PM to have you look into this for me.
    [/font]

[font=Calibri,sans-serif]Install date 18.12.2017
    [/font]

[/font]

FIRE wrote: »

[font=Calibri,sans-serif]Hi Guys,

[font=Calibri,sans-serif]Received same reply as others
    [/font]

[font=Calibri,sans-serif]"Your details have not as yet been sent across to us for processing.[/font]
    [font=Calibri,sans-serif]eir send us the files across on a regular basis so it may be on it’s way over to us, but I cannot give you an exact day"[/font]

[font=Calibri,sans-serif]Can i PM to have you look into this for me.
    [/font]

[font=Calibri,sans-serif]Install date 18.12.2017
    [/font]

[/font]
    Our new home telephone line was activated back on 18/12/2017 as part of a dual Landline & Broadband bundle. 

One of the official eir Representatives here on Boards.ie gave me a written assurance via a PM on Monday 22nd Jan in relation to this issue:
    This is what the eir Representative had said:

"I have been speaking with the online offers team and they have advised due to a system error the cashback voucher cant be sent, unfortunately. I can, however, apply the €50 credit to your account if you wish?"

I asked the eir Representative in my PM response on the evening of Monday 22nd Jan to ensure that the €50 credit is now applied to the account following his suggestion. I also asked him to address the other queries I had initially raised as he had assured me that he was now following up on our behalf. As my PM reply was sent outside of office hrs last night, I expected to receive an acknowledgement reply on today Tuesday 23rd Jan but I received no further updates all day today which has me concerned once again. 

I also note that the €50 Cashback Reward seems to have been removed altogether from their latest Broadband & Landline bundle package sold via numerous channels while all other details remain the same which is interesting.

I hope eir will get their act together asap or they risk losing a lot of  customers once their contract periods expire.

Hello Thomas, 

I sent you a PM on Monday evening in response to your PM the same day but I've not heard back from you all day yesterday or today at the time of messaging here. 

I also sent you another PM a short while ago requesting you to provide a further update and keep me informed as you had already assured me in your PM last Monday that you would now be handling matters going forward but I do not get the impression things are progressing in the right direction. 

Please refer to the PMs I sent you last Monday evening and my subsequent PM sent today. If you could then please let me know what's happening? The full account name and account number were included in my PM to you again today, for your reference.

Regards, 
    Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

Hi Peter,

I apologise for the delay with this. Thomas will be unavailable until Monday. He wouldn't have been aware of this when the details were requested. Again, apologies. 

Would you mind forwarding these details to me via PM and I will review that for you?

Thanks,
    Kevin

eir: Kevin wrote: »
    Hi Peter,

I apologise for the delay with this. Thomas will be unavailable until Monday. He wouldn't have been aware of this when the details were requested. Again, apologies. 

Would you mind forwarding these details to me via PM and I will review that for you?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Ok Kevin
    I'll forward the file and account details via a PM

Hello Thomas,

I received the PM you sent today (Monday 29th Jan) and I have now sent you a follow-up PM for your attention this evening. 

After you have studied my reply, please let me know where things stand on all outstanding issues as soon as you are back in the office.

Regards, 
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Hi still not recieved 50euro cashback.

Tried talking to the chat team but there not Interested.

Hello Thomas,

I received the PM you sent today (Monday 29th Jan) and I have now sent you a follow-up PM for your attention this evening. 

After you have studied my reply, please let me know where things stand on all outstanding issues as soon as you are back in the office.

Regards, 
    Peter

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Hello Thomas,

Regards, 
    Peter

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,
    I just sent you a PM in response with some additional points.
    Please take a close look and revert back to me when you get a moment.
    Regards,
    Peter

Advertisement