Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When you sit around waiting for Eir to install your broadband and no one shows up !!!

Options
  • 15-01-2018 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I joined Eir on the 3rd January 2018. I was given a date for installation on the 12 th Jan between 9-1pm. I took a day off work and waited for the technician to call me to say he was on the way. I waited and waited and waited until I rang the appointments office myself at 1pm to be told that the technician wouldn't be able to make it. Sure why would anyone bother ringing me to let me know? A bit of common courtesy goes a long way. I was told I was being put on the priority list for Saturday morning. I was reassured that my appointment on Saturday would 100% go ahead. Guess what...... it didn't !!! This time a technician did ring to say he was on the way at 9:09. He said he would be 20 mins. At 10:00 he rang back to apologise for the delay but he was waiting on a code from the Eir office in order for my broadband to be enabled. He explained that without his code he couldn't complete the work. He promised to call again at 11 to give me an update. 11 came and went and no call. I rang the number he had called me from to ask for an update. The technician was very friendly but ubfortubately said he wouldn't make it out to install broadband as he was missing the code. Let's recap - i ordered with Eir on the 3rd of January, Saturday was the 13th of Jan so over 7 working days and still no code ?? Why was this not taken care before an installation was confirmed and why have I had two appointments for installation and no one has shown up ? The technician from Saturday assured me that i would be booked in for an appointment this coming Wednesday the 17th, however when I rang the office this morning they knew nothing about this and offered my the 24 th of January for the next date available!?! What an exceptional Eir Experience so far.
    I've contacted them to cancel..... may take 48 hours to process, or if it's anything like installing their broadband maybe 3 weeks !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I have been using Eir broadband service for 18 months and it's been amazingly fast and reliable during all that time.

But please don't talk to me about getting it up and running. It took weeks of phone calls and missed appointments followed by weeks of phone calls to get the billing correct.

Too bad an excellent broadband service is let down by a call centre who just don't have a clue and actually seem to get pleasure from passing any call received around the office instead of dealing with the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

loopylevo wrote: »
    I joined Eir on the 3rd January 2018. I was given a date for installation on the 12 th Jan between 9-1pm. I took a day off work and waited for the technician to call me to say he was on the way. I waited and waited and waited until I rang the appointments office myself at 1pm to be told that the technician wouldn't be able to make it. Sure why would anyone bother ringing me to let me know? A bit of common courtesy goes a long way. I was told I was being put on the priority list for Saturday morning. I was reassured that my appointment on Saturday would 100% go ahead. Guess what...... it didn't !!! This time a technician did ring to say he was on the way at 9:09. He said he would be 20 mins. At 10:00 he rang back to apologise for the delay but he was waiting on a code from the Eir office in order for my broadband to be enabled. He explained that without his code he couldn't complete the work. He promised to call again at 11 to give me an update.  11 came and went and no call. I rang the number he had called me from to ask for an update. The technician was very friendly but ubfortubately said he wouldn't make it out to install broadband as he was missing the code. Let's recap - i ordered with Eir on the 3rd of January, Saturday was the 13th of Jan so over 7 working days and still no code ?? Why was this not taken care before an installation was confirmed and why have I had two appointments for installation and no one has shown up ? The technician from Saturday assured me that i would be booked in for an appointment this coming Wednesday the 17th, however when I rang the office this morning they knew nothing about this and offered my the 24 th of January for the next date available!?! What an exceptional Eir Experience so far.
    I've contacted them to cancel..... may take 48 hours to process, or if it's anything like installing their broadband maybe 3 weeks !!
    Hi Loopylevo,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having.

Feel free to send me your full name and account number and I would gladly look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 6 loopylevo

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for getting back to me. You have all of my details now in a PM. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Ruth
    I joined Eir on the 3rd January 2018. I was given a date for installation on the 12 th Jan between 9-1pm. I took a day off work and waited for the technician to call me to say he was on the way. I waited and waited and waited until I rang the appointments office myself at 1pm to be told that the technician wouldn't be able to make it. Sure why would anyone bother ringing me to let me know? A bit of common courtesy goes a long way. I was told I was being put on the priority list for Saturday morning. I was reassured that my appointment on Saturday would 100% go ahead. Guess what...... it didn't !!! This time a technician did ring to say he was on the way at 9:09. He said he would be 20 mins. At 10:00 he rang back to apologise for the delay but he was waiting on a code from the Eir office in order for my broadband to be enabled. He explained that without his code he couldn't complete the work. He promised to call again at 11 to give me an update.  11 came and went and no call. I rang the number he had called me from to ask for an update. The technician was very friendly but ubfortubately said he wouldn't make it out to install broadband as he was missing the code. Let's recap - i ordered with Eir on the 3rd of January, Saturday was the 13th of Jan so over 7 working days and still no code ?? Why was this not taken care before an installation was confirmed and why have I had two appointments for installation and no one has shown up ? The technician from Saturday assured me that i would be booked in for an appointment this coming Wednesday the 17th, however when I rang the office this morning they knew nothing about this and offered my the 24 th of January for the next date available!?! What an exceptional Eir Experience so far.
    Hi Loopylevo,

Feel free to send me your full name and account number and I would gladly look into this for you.

Thanks

Traceyracet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for getting back to me. You have all of my details now in a PM. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Ruth
    Hi Loopylevo,

Thanks

Traceyracet
    No problem, I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

Ruth
    Hi Loopylevo,

Thanks

Traceyracet

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

I have replied to your PM. It is very disappointing to see the information saved on your database outlining the events on Saturday are untrue and quite frankly made up. I am shocked at general service with Eir, it's not acceptable at all. I have logged a complaint, but I am still waiting to talk to someone over the phone. Quel surpise!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

Hi Tracey,

Ruth
    Hi Loopylevo,

Thanks

Traceyracet

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

I have replied to your PM. It is very disappointing to see the information saved on your database outlining the events on Saturday are untrue and quite frankly made up. I am shocked at general service with Eir, it's not acceptable at all. I have logged a complaint, but I am still waiting to talk to someone over the phone. Quel surpise!!!
    Better off not to talk to anybody over the phone - email communication where you have a record of events. This covers both parties. But generally speaking makes an ass out of Eir - they love calls and chats where the same issue get bandied about and there is no real record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

turbbo wrote: »
    Hi Tracey,

Ruth
    Hi Loopylevo,

Thanks

Traceyracet

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Better off not to talk to anybody over the phone - email communication where you have a record of events. This covers both parties. But generally speaking makes an ass out of Eir - they love calls and chats where the same issue get bandied about and there is no real record.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Turbbo,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Is there anything I can help you with here?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If so, PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into it for you.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

Is this supposed to be for me? I have already sent Tracey all of my details and waiting on her reply to the PM I sent her yesterday.

Ruth

Is this supposed to be for me? I have already sent Tracey all of my details and waiting on her reply to the PM I sent her yesterday.

Ruth
    Hi loopylevo,

The message was intended for turbbo, but if you would like to forward me on the message you sent Tracey, I can look into it for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

Lol @Eir -> clowns!

• Advertisement

Ruth
    Hi loopylevo,

The message was intended for turbbo, but if you would like to forward me on the message you sent Tracey, I can look into it for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    Why would I have to send you the same message that I have sent Tracey?? This company is an absolute joke!

Ruth
    Hi loopylevo,

Thanks

Thomas
    Why would I have to send you the same message that I have sent Tracey?? This company is an absolute joke!
    unfortunately, Tracey is not here at the moment. 

I can offer to help you or Tracey will be back on Monday, its completely up to yourself.

I understand your frustrations at this time.

Thanks

Thomas 

Advertisement