Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tec7 plumb

• 15-01-2018 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all
    I was in the plumber supplier and I was chatting about inhibitor. They were saying tec7 plumb 7 is a stop leak and inhibitor in one and they sell loads of it all good reports back they reckon .

I have a leak which I'm going to fix and I need to add inhibitor anyway on new system I was thinking of using this
    Any thoughts on the above

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

I’d be interested in this myself.

But came across an old thread if you want to read over it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057085632&page=4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

mad m wrote: »
    I’d be interested in this myself.

But came across an old thread if you want to read over it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057085632&page=4

Hi I did read that before posting this but I don't believe the tec7 was out at the time of that posting.

I have fixed my leak today it was tough cutting a hole in a freshly plastered ceiling to find 3 joints leaking after paying so much to get the job done 2 months back.

I'm just thinking I need a inhibitor and this would be an extra for safeguard for any other leaks as I'm not sure of the quality of the work now after this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 Colin Clarke

I know leak sealer in the past was very good at sealing very very small leaks like on rad valves etc but not great on pipework. But I have tried tec7 Plumb today due to having to constantly vent my towel rad, which loses water every ten days or so yet there is no sign of a leak or damp anywhere. I won't know how successful it is for a day or two. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I had suggested on another Thread to add perfume to your system and any funny smells will guide you to any leaks.

Advertisement