Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund for Non Delivery of Goods

Options
  • 15-01-2018 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,

basically i ordered and paid for a pair of runners on the 23rd of November and still no sign of them. They are a UK based company and seem reputable from their website (i.e. its a very well put together website and have loads of products). I've tried contacting them to get an update through an online contact form but still haven't heard anything. This seems to be the only way the contact them other than an email i found on the website which i have also emailed numerous times, also with absolutely no acknowledgement of my enquiries. I paid using my visa debit and not through paypal. Im just wondering if there is any way to get my money back. Runners are valued at 70 euro.

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi,

basically i ordered and paid for a pair of runners on the 23rd of November and still no sign of them. They are a UK based company and seem reputable from their website (i.e. its a very well put together website and have loads of products). I've tried contacting them to get an update through an online contact form but still haven't heard anything. This seems to be the only way the contact them other than an email i found on the website which i have also emailed numerous times, also with absolutely no acknowledgement of my enquiries. I paid using my visa debit and not through paypal. Im just wondering if there is any way to get my money back. Runners are valued at 70 euro.

regards

Contact your bank or visa.

Bank will hopefully be able to block if inside around 110 or 120 days I believe.

As said contact them straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Hi,

regards
    A lot of fake websites look legit because they have 'borrowed ' the content off a legit website.
    What's the company?(I love a sleuthing exercise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

vandriver wrote: »
    A lot of fake websites look legit because they have 'borrowed ' the content off a legit website.
    What's the company?(I love a sleuthing exercise)

see below. let me know what you think

http://www.shinyfloor.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

looks fake

see below. let me know what you think

http://www.shinyfloor.co.uk/

Honestly looks dodgy as hell.

• Advertisement

site_owner wrote: »
    looks fake

Thanks for comment.

What makes you think that? im not objecting your input just curious so i know in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

that weird font
    the "brand shop" logo
    the list of products going on and on
    dead end pages - http://www.shinyfloor.co.uk/shippinginfo.html

it all sets off alarm bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

woejus wrote: »

****e...

The shopping trolley with moving visa logo, the boxes with each individual runner and wording at very bottom and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

The registered business address of the website has been linked to multiple fake/scam websites
    https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=131438
    From one of the posts
    In case you buy something from them, the company id/name on your card account transaction will be PFA*SHXJIE TRADING CO* , the country is CHINA and the amount is in CNY (regardless of the currency you used on the site).

Apologies, I see the same info posted above

should i be worried that i entered my card details into the website? they probably have my details now.

I always check right at the bottom of the website for the returns,ts&C's,shipping info,privacy etc as scammers that have copied another website quite often don't edit the old company name out of the usual wall of text.
    However (!) in this case,they didn't even bother to fill in the generic templates at all.

should i be worried that i entered my card details into the website? they probably have my details now.
    I'd get on to your bank immediately to change your card.
    I bought fake sports jerseys from China(I knew they were fake,but cheap) and within a month I was done out of €300 in Xbox purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭irelandrover

site_owner wrote: »
    that weird font
    the "brand shop" logo
    the list of products going on and on
    dead end pages - http://www.shinyfloor.co.uk/shippinginfo.html

it all sets off alarm bells.

Also the fact that the say Authentic in front of a lot of the options.

if you go to the Contact Us section they still have the sample text

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Yes, the fact that there is no HTTPS cert on the checkout speaks volumes also.

I'd be cancelling my card straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,982 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Dont use any site that does not have HTTPS:// and a Green lock with Secure in the URL in the address window.

Get on to your bank cancel the card too. Immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

cancelled the card there. Bank said that even though i cancelled my card they can still take money out if its set up like a subscription. Whats the best way to ensure they dont try and take any more money

• Registered Users Posts: 33,982 ✭✭✭✭listermint

cancelled the card there. Bank said that even though i cancelled my card they can still take money out if its set up like a subscription. Whats the best way to ensure they dont try and take any more money

You cant, and no they cant either.

If the bank actually cancelled it then it cannot be authorised for payments. So any additional funds cannot be taken. They should get a failed merchant ID if they try post cancellation

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm surprised nobody pointed out the fact that the website has the old yellow AOL "Running Man" as their logo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I haven't seen a scam site look so scammy in quite a while... that is atrocious.

I'd have to question whether the person from the bank knew what they were talking about, once the card is cancelled that is it. No more charges can be made. You can also talk about charging back the amount too, credit cards are well covered for this kind of scenario.

How much did they take so far.

Seriously if one wants genuine go to a genuine store or well known established company.

There is a UK bank doing these http and secure pad lock symbol in their ads to teach people as it must be costing them a fortune.

Contact your bank and ask what is their procedure for getting money back as its a scam.

You only have a certain amount of time to do this.

How much did they take so far.

Seriously if one wants genuine go to a genuine store or well known established company.

There is a UK bank doing these http and secure pad lock symbol in their ads to teach people as it must be costing them a fortune.

Contact your bank and ask what is their procedure for getting money back as its a scam.

You only have a certain amount of time to do this.

only the cost price of the shoes. ive cancelled the card and have enquired about a bank refund

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The weird and unconnected to the content domain name of these shoe scammers (its a repeating theme with them) is because they buy domains that were previously existing but have expired. Makes them seem more legitimate but is an immediate red flag. This was actually a floor cleaning firm, unsurprisingly.

Current season branded runners are simply never reduced to the prices these sites claim to be selling them at which should also be a warning sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thanks for comment.

What makes you think that? im not objecting your input just curious so i know in the future
    I am more interested to hear about what made you think it was legit. I am not taking the piss, I genuinely want to know, and what would have alerted you more. These threads can be annoying since people take the time to list all the stuff wrong, but the person who posted it often just runs off, so not much is actually learned.

There was talk of having a "sticky thread/guide" in the online buying forum about how to spot scam sites. It is important to know what people "fall for" when checking out sites so it could be included in such a thread/guide.

First off, the name, I thought shinyfloor was actually more believable! as it sounds like some nonsense, unrelated name that some hipster type might come up with, thinking it is "cool" and memorable, like the weirdly named camelcamelcamel.com Usually the name is something like www.nikeoutletireland.com or similar.

What hit me first was the word "authentic", screaming "honest its not fake!", I would find it hard to believe any UK scammer would even put that on a site, its like something out of southpark.

Next is that the items are all 39-41% off. I have never EVER seen this on a legit sign, oddball coloured freakish stuff has huge discounts, the discounts are all over the place on regular genuine sites, and not everything is discounted.

New balance, adidas, Vans, all ~40% off too. Brands would have different wholesale prices so it makes no sense for a shop to be offering the exact same % discount on them.

Tshirts, all the same ~40% off, again different margins.

"contact us", no email, no phone number, no bricks n mortar address, that is always an essential check

click on T&Cs
    Conditions of Use
    Conditions of Use Sample Text ...
    This section of text is from the Define Pages Editor located under Tools in the Admin.
    To remove this section of the text, delete it from the Define Pages Editor.
    say no more.

shipping & returns
    Shipping & Returns
    Shipping Sample Text ...
    This section of text is from the Define Pages Editor located under Tools in the Admin.

interesting one next
    click site map
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/admin/shinyfloor.co.uk/includes/templates/airjordan/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php on line 55
    now google "/airjordan/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php"

and find a similar scam sites
    http://www.rwperformance.co.uk/site_map.html
    http://www.bestukflights.co.uk/site_map.html

and finally the pidgin english
    The best quality but the lowest price.Now 60% and free shipping! Do not be too long. Buy least once!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'm surprised nobody pointed out the fact that the website has the old yellow AOL "Running Man" as their logo :pac:

And the fact the website is called "Shiny floor", thought the op was buying tiles for a second before reading it was shoes :pac:

But yeah that is sloppy work on their site, not even bothering to change the logo from "Brand Name", Just the general phrasing on the site, "Do not be too long. Buy least once!" sets off alarm bells for me.

Hell, even their contact page isn't set up, just left as default:

Contact Us Sample Text ...

Nor is their privacy, shipping, etc. pages.

OP, if you signed up and entered a password you use elsewhere, change your passwords immediately also.

EDIT: Only read rubadub's post, got there before me, but yeah, if you entered a password change your password immediately on other sites OP.

rubadub wrote: »
    I am more interested to hear about what made you think it was legit. I am not taking the piss, I genuinely want to know, and what would have alerted you more. These threads can be annoying since people take the time to list all the stuff wrong, but the person who posted it often just runs off, so not much is actually learned.

There was talk of having a "sticky thread/guide" in the online buying forum about how to spot scam sites. It is important to know what people "fall for" when checking out sites so it could be included in such a thread/guide.

First off, the name, I thought shinyfloor was actually more believable! as it sounds like some nonsense, unrelated name that some hipster type might come up with, thinking it is "cool" and memorable, like the weirdly named camelcamelcamel.com Usually the name is something like www.nikeoutletireland.com or similar.

What hit me first was the word "authentic", screaming "honest its not fake!", I would find it hard to believe any UK scammer would even put that on a site, its like something out of southpark.

Next is that the items are all 39-41% off. I have never EVER seen this on a legit sign, oddball coloured freakish stuff has huge discounts, the discounts are all over the place on regular genuine sites, and not everything is discounted.

New balance, adidas, Vans, all ~40% off too. Brands would have different wholesale prices so it makes no sense for a shop to be offering the exact same % discount on them.

Tshirts, all the same ~40% off, again different margins.

"contact us", no email, no phone number, no bricks n mortar address, that is always an essential check

click on T&Cs

say no more.

shipping & returns

interesting one next
    click site map

now google "/airjordan/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php"

and find a similar scam sites
    http://www.rwperformance.co.uk/site_map.html
    http://www.bestukflights.co.uk/site_map.html

and finally the pidgin english

I guess i am too trusting of online purchases. none of this would have registered with me unless i was told. it all seems fairly obvious now that its pointed out.

Ive made 100's of online purchases over the years and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Ive genuinely been done out of worse from face to face transactions from real shops in the past, far worse than what has happened. It definitely wont deter me from purchasing online but ill defo be more vigilant from now on.

And the fact the website is called "Shiny floor", thought the op was buying tiles for a second before reading it was shoes :pac:

But yeah that is sloppy work on their site, not even bothering to change the logo from "Brand Name", Just the general phrasing on the site, "Do not be too long. Buy least once!" sets off alarm bells for me.

Hell, even their contact page isn't set up, just left as default:

Contact Us Sample Text ...

Nor is their privacy, shipping, etc. pages.

OP, if you signed up and entered a password you use elsewhere, change your passwords immediately also.

EDIT: Only read rubadub's post, got there before me, but yeah, if you entered a password change your password immediately on other sites OP.

thanks. all cards/ passwords are now changed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement