Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former Corporation Estates - Dun Laoghaire Rathdown

Options
  • 15-01-2018 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭

I live in one of the above in Dalkey and am looking for other similar estates so that I can find examples of extensions carried out on mid-terrace buildings in previous years.
    Specifically trying to find the architects who've designed them.
    I know of Whites Villas and St Begnets Villas in Dalkey and Casement Villas off Abbey Road and the houses on/off Oliver Plunkett Road in Monkstown Farm. But I'm sure there must be more - basically Council/Corpo estates built in the 1940's/50's in that area - or if you know of similar estates in (now) Dublin City Council areas that would be good too.
    I'm using this really useful tool for checking the planning
    https://dlrcocouncil.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=2e098c7da88e4831877d7e06de49b912

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There must be hundreds of examples. St Brigids Park Cornelscourt, St Laurences Park and Patrician Villas in Stillorgan, St Columbanus and surrounding area in Windy Arbour and huge chunks of Sallynoggin, just off the top of my head. Planning precedents will not be difficult to find. Do a little aeriel recon on google earth, the extended homes will be obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Thanks. It's really trying to narrow down the search to similar types of houses that I'm trying to do. I don't think there'll be issues with precedents, lots of houses in the estate have extensions, it's more to find architects with designs we like that have experience in renovating these type of houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

McCabes Villas in Booterstown is a good example as is Smiths Villas on York Road

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Those 2-up, 2-down corpo terraces pretty much fill out loads of the older suburbs. Pretty much all of Cabra, Kimmage, Drimnagh, Crumlin, Inchjiore and Donnycarney covered in them.

Advertisement