Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olaplex - How did you find it?

Options
  • 15-01-2018 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I heard someone talking about Olaplex on snapchat this morning. They said it's recommended to go through steps 1 and 2 first before using no3. I'm not sure if this is making much sense, I've never used the products myself.

It was Stephanie Mc Makeup talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

I got it in a hairdressers before and I found it amazing. I think thars a different number to the one you buy yourself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I had it done in a salon and like the result - I'm going to get it next time I get balayage in my hair!

The salon treatment is stronger I believe and more affective as you use it at the time of colouring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

6 weeks into using olaplex3 at home. Twice a week overnight. Finding the affects now brilliant.

My hair isn't as porous or breaking. And noticeable shine and strength too.

It's not a conditioning treatment though so still use a hair mask.

Didn't have 1 or 2 done in salon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Advertisement

What mask do you use? Would like to add one into my hair care but never really used one before so not sure where to start

The alfaparf reperitive mask. The shampoo in that range is brilliant too.

I'll put the olaplex in damp towel dried hair, leave it on for as long as possible, ( I just leave it over night) shampoo it out and put the mask on for five mins. I had fairly damaged blonde hair, it's worked wonders.

Been using the alfaparf range for a while and finding it great. I must give the mask a try also. My hair is in ****e, and have a couple of extensions in so trying to keep my natural hair as good as it can possibly be!

Do you wash your hair before using the olaplex?

If you have styling products in it, yes give it a quick shampoo. Stick with it for a few weeks.
    The shampoo and mask really helped too.

About a tea spoon for me, I've shoulder length fine hair.

It will dry into the hair as the hair dryes. It's absorbed into the hair shaft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Been using the alfaparf range for a while and finding it great. I must give the mask a try also. My hair is in ****e, and have a couple of extensions in so trying to keep my natural hair as good as it can possibly be![/quote

I've used the alfaparf reconstruction shampoo and mask for 2 months but see no difference, my hair is still frizzy and brittle. Does it take longer to see effects? It's pretty expensive for me so thinking of going back to my old shampoo and conditioner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

found the no 3 crap - it made my hair worse I found!

When I googled it found I was not the only one having this problem!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShiMc

Olaplex 3 is just a maintenance treatment. When you get your hair bleached or coloured in salon and the stylist uses No. 1 & 2, it genuinely makes such a difference to the process. Hugely minimises the damage BUT the hair will still have a limit. Olaplex stops the important structural bonds in the hair shaft from breaking down (which usually happens with bleach) and even helps to create new bonds. Using no. 3 at home once a week in between treatments helps to prevent the bonds breaking down after the fact. It's actually kind of useless by its self.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I had to get my hair stripped a couple of weeks ago (went way too dark) and my hairdresser recommended the 3 step treatment. I feel it's made a big difference to my hair, it feels very soft and not too dry. I was expecting my hair to be in awful condition but I'm pleasantly surprised!

Advertisement