Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with injury.

Options
  • 15-01-2018 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

This was the first year I have ever set down my goals for the year ahead, 2 half IMs. 4 days later I tear my hamstring on a rugby pitch, during a game I didn't plan on not togging out for, but my gear was in the boot and I got sucked in. I think someone up there has a horrible sense of humour.

Luckily I dont think its too bad and should be back training in another week or two, but having built up a bit of consistancy with my training recently I'm finding it very hard to do nothing except ice/heat/elevation. This is not something Ive experienced before, previously I would have loved the excuse to sit on my ass for a few weeks doing nothing, but Ive come to enjoy training and the diversity that comes with Triathlon training.

How do you deal with time off through injury and keep yourself from coming back too early???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

In a similar boat the last couple of weeks with a torn muscle injury. It is frustrating but try to use it as an opportunity to concentrate on other things - i.e. is your diet as good as it could be? Invest some time in that. There is usually also some exercise you can do despite the injury. Can you do some upper body exercises without stressing the injury? Core work, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Good time to grab the pull buoy and start logging some decent long distance sets in the pool?

There's always some upside somewhere if you look hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Good time to grab the pull buoy and start logging some decent long distance sets in the pool?

There's always some upside somewhere if you look hard enough.

Thanks, thats the plan for Thursday evening, going out walking it the next 2 days to see how it feels and will try the pool then.

Every cloud has a silver lining. :D

Advertisement