Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV turns off when we launch Netflix

• 15-01-2018 5:24pm

Our Smart TV (Panasonic, four years old) turns itself off when we try to launch Netflix. It happens about 50% of the time.

Other apps work fine. And if we launch one app and then launch Netflix, it usually works.

It also sometimes switches off when playing DVDs (usually at the start of an episode).

Is there some kind of power surge issue? I have no expertise in this area - a friend suggested it could be a power problem but I plugged the TV into a surge protector extension cable and it made no difference.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

When you say "turns off", does it go into standby or completely power off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Could it be something to do with CEC or HDMI CEC. I get from your post that it's an app but could be some sort of firmware issue. Do you have the latest firmware?

Thanks for your replies.

@seamus
    It turns off completely - we've to push power twice to get it to standby and then come back on.

@Wisemurf
    How do I update firmware? I went to 'system update' and it says it has the latest version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Refresh rate issue?

What's that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement