Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iveco Daily right-angle spanner?

• 15-01-2018 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Has anyone got a 24 mm right angle spanner that I can buy or borrow. It's for removing the stop solenoid on the injection pump of a Iveco Daily which is extremely difficult to reach on the rear side of the injection pump.
    I think this tool is part of the Iveco Daily tool kit that came with a new vehicle once upon a time. If someone's got a kit I'll gladly buy it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Maytrix wrote: »
    Has anyone got a 24 mm right angle spanner that I can buy or borrow. It's for removing the stop solenoid on the injection pump of a Iveco Daily which is extremely difficult to reach on the rear side of the injection pump.
    I think this tool is part of the Iveco Daily tool kit that came with a new vehicle once upon a time. If someone's got a kit I'll gladly buy it.

If a regular crow foot spanner or a deep offset ring spanner won't fit you could just cut and weld a normal spanner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Cut a slice off a
    24mm socket and weld a handle on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

If you want to go oem stylee
    solonoidspanner.jpg

These work fine on other bosch ve pumps though so worth a look to see if it fits.
    post-1725-1242903938.jpg

Or if you don't have a ring spanner or a welder but have a grinder this is another approach.
    fss_spanner.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If you want to go oem stylee
    solonoidspanner.jpg

These work fine on other bosch ve pumps though so worth a look to see if it fits.
    post-1725-1242903938.jpg

Or if you don't have a ring spanner or a welder but have a grinder this is another approach.
    fss_spanner.jpg

I have a lot of tools that look like those!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Maytrix

Thanks everyone for all the helpful suggestions.
    As the solenoid is so inaccessible with a valve immediately above it a socket won't work, it has to be an open spanner. I was barely able to squeeze my phone down there to grab the attached picture. The solenoid is on the bottom left with a valve of some sort right above it.
    I may well end up cutting and welding an open spanner but am hoping that one of these tool kits will surface somewhere as I'm sure there must be plenty of them around. I just missed one sold on ebay a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Greenmotors

Hi Maytrix,
    I like you have to remove this solenoid too. 
    How did you get on with this job and do you have any tips to make it easier.
    Did you make a tool in the end or were you able to buy one?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Greenmotors

You learn something new every day, could see that being handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Maytrix

Hi Greenmotors,

I had to cut and weld a 24 mm socket replicating the one I posted above. Luckily, I built an inspection pit last December and it was a great help getting access from below but even then it's a tight squeeze. I stripped out some of the lines around the diesel pump from the top and that allowed me get a hand down there with a 10mm spanner to remove the nut on the electriocal lead. The solenoid itself came out easily enough with a few taps of a hanmmer on the stem of the spanner. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement