Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infuse/TV Headend on Apple TV

Options
  • 15-01-2018 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone here uses infuse and/or TV Headend ?

And with that what is their impression of using these on ATV.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Use infuse constantly. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

ArthurG wrote: »
    Use infuse constantly. Love it.

Heard good things about it , did you ever use Plex ?

Lot of Android boxes I've come across have user gripes about software glitches so looking for a box that can do Netflix , Plex or similar and PVR client

Looks like Apple TV can but havent seen much on how tv head end client works on it

Yeah I used Plex and also had a small media pc running XBMC. Have a synology NAS serving content. While Plex and XBMC are fine, Infuse coats everything in a simple Apple design sheen. This makes at easier for the non-tech techy user at home, and to be honest I don’t have time to be sorting out problems with XBMC boxes any more. Add to that native Netflix support (@4k on latest box) and I couldn’t be bothered going back.

Edit - no experience with TV apps of any kind on the ATV. We use Sky for TV/DVR.

Yeah I used Plex and also had a small media pc running XBMC. Have a synology NAS serving content. While Plex and XBMC are fine, Infuse coats everything in a simple Apple design sheen. This makes at easier for the non-tech techy user at home, and to be honest I don’t have time to be sorting out problems with XBMC boxes any more. Add to that native Netflix support (@4k on latest box) and I couldn’t be bothered going back.

Sounds good , Im looking at this at mo to replace my Plex server.

If you have two apple TV's . If I watch something in infuse with one , will it appear watched on the second unit , just wondering how they manage this if no back end server. Also where do the media scrappings go - they occupy chunk of memory in Plex so do they fill up the ATV

Like the box to be able to do PVR as well - struggling to find apple users who use either tv Headend or Mr MC and do recording on saorsat or saorview .

I recently replaced the ATV with the 4K version and had to scrape everything again so assume Infuse stores metadata locally. On that basis I don’t know if you can share viewed stats over more than one devise. I’ve never tried to do so, but it may be possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

I recently replaced the ATV with the 4K version and had to scrape everything again so assume Infuse stores metadata locally. On that basis I don’t know if you can share viewed stats over more than one devise. I’ve never tried to do so, but it may be possible.

Infuse uses iCloud to store watched stats and another service called trakd is also optional. So yep, you can pick up where you left off on another device so long as both have infuse.

Atv with Infuse is a great option for home media playback. I much prefer this to plex or kodi. The Ariel screensavers are stunning enough to watch alone with some music in the background, either from another source like synology or a Mac/pc or via airplay from an iPhone it’s a great show.

Tazium wrote: »
    Infuse uses iCloud to store watched stats and another service called trakd is also optional. So yep, you can pick up where you left off on another device so long as both have infuse.

Atv with Infuse is a great option for home media playback. I much prefer this to plex or kodi. The Ariel screensavers are stunning enough to watch alone with some music in the background, either from another source like synology or a Mac/pc or via airplay from an iPhone it’s a great show.

Does ATV feature Rte player or Iplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I use TVheadend. I access it mostly through MrMC (a Kodi fork without repos but with Plex and TVheadend) and it's OK. Also use a dedicated app. Think it's called TVH client or something like that. Not as nice experience as MrMC but it works also. Have heard great things about Infuse and am waiting for an updated version that has direct support for a Plex server, as that's how I watch most of my media and the Plex client on the Apple TV looks nice but performs awfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Infuse is great, I use it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Infuse is brilliant.

Opens virtually all formats (including HEVC decoding since the latest tVOS release). Good UI which retrieves metadata and neatly presents content. Synchronisation between devices which works perfectly, and watch history uploaded to trakt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement