Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passcode Lock

• 15-01-2018 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you can remove the passcode lock without losing the data? Its a passcode and not the pattern. I know you can factory reset using recovery mode but this deletes the data obviously. Any help appreciated..Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

You mean keep the data but get rid of the pass code to gain access to the phone? Be a bit of a crap security feature if you could just bypass it now wouldn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gillamandango

If I wanted a comedian to answer I would have posted elsewhere and no need to be condescending; a simple 'no' would have saved a few valuable seconds of your life responding to me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If I remember correctly if you enter it wrong 10 times you can reset it via your Google account.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

If I wanted a comedian to answer I would have posted elsewhere and no need to be condescending; a simple 'no' would have saved a few valuable seconds of your life responding to me..

A Google search would save us all valuable seconds having to read a "fix it for me post". Imagine the time saved!

Anyway, how'd you forget your pass code or is it not your phone you are looking to access ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Yeah not a fan of people trying to bypass security tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement