Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working on something I wasn't hired for

Options
  • 15-01-2018 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So,
    I'm a general cleaner, and have been doing so for the past 7 months, even got my permanent contract. Now, due to the lost of contract between my employer and one of the places I work, my company is changing my shift and the places where I work. So far, everything is understandable and OK.

But here's the catch.

One of the new places I'm being assigned to, the job expected for me to do is of a Warehouse Operative and not a Cleaner. And I do not want to do that, since it's not what I applied for, also because the odds of me hurting my back are much bigger.

I wonder I can do that won't lead me to losing my job.

Thank you,

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do you have a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pdelnegro

Stheno wrote: »
    Do you have a contract?

Not quite. I have an online form signed by me and my employee. The only useful information regarding my job is the title and the amount of hours per week.

Advertisement