Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRC POSTDOC 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lustigelola

Morning folks!

I'd say they'll keep us waiting till 16.59.....  (hope not!!!)

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 postdoc2018

So does the website have to go down first before the announcement is made? Looking at the experience of the postgrads, it seems that the website goes offline /unavailable and then the announcement is made a couple of hours later. Are we expecting the same process for our announcements?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Yes, usually 11:30. Perhaps they will also send out emails. Best of luck all. Whatever happens, hopefully some of you will get this, and if you don't, you will find other posts around as things are going relatively well this year and new temp posts and lectureships are being created. Also lots of industry and gov jobs.

* bloody hell, 16:59 here we come?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Delaney101

maybe they're waiting till close off business..

i.e., put out results late, deal with query calls tomorrow

???

• Registered Users Posts: 5 notsosure1

Or maybe the end of the week: I wonder if Monday was a goal that the IRC are/were working towards.

I hope it will be today (late or otherwise) but I have to remind myself not to hold my breath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 SaraFraichi

Or maybe "next Monday" from the email meant "Monday, May 7th" ... :angry:

Oh, c'mon please no!! "Next Monday" last Thursday is really the "next" Monday, which is today! I can't bear to wait any more days!! :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 L.Belcher

In fairness, I did think the phrasing was odd. If I meant the Monday following the weekend I would have said Monday. Next Monday to me implies the following week. Hope I'm wrong

looking back on old IRC POSTDOC threads

IRC POSTDOC 2016 results were issued on Friday 6th May

we may receive an email today explaining the three different statuses (conditional award/reserve list/unsuccessful) and that the system is about to go off line - then results will be posted within 5 days

read this from 2014-2015 postdoc thread

unless that procedure has changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 pras1729

L.Belcher wrote: »
    In fairness, I did think the phrasing was odd. If I meant the Monday following the weekend I would have said Monday. Next Monday to me implies the following week. Hope I'm wrong

I thought in Ireland (assuming today was Thursday - 26th April) Monday the 7th of May would be referred to as 'Monday a week' and not 'next Monday' ... ? :confused:

folks

my submission tab has disappeared..anybody else's?

The page is down!!! "Submitted applications" is gone-.... is this it?? :O

Looks like it's happening folks!

Hey, whatever happens, it's been great to share all the stress and speculation with you all...! :)

Hey, whatever happens, it's been great to share all the stress and speculation with you all...! :)
    Totally agree with you ! :) 
    Now I have all my fingers crossed  ! (not easy to type on my computer haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 laurittcha

Yes, thank you all, it's been very helpful :)

Hope now that the system seems to be down it is finally happening!

Could it be tomorrow before the announcement is made? :(

updated now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Yes, hope you all do well. I am among the lucky ones.... Now have to make some important decisions...

• Advertisement

I am one of lucky ones also - congrats to all you guys too and commiserations to anyone who is disappointed. We all deserve a reward after this ordeal!

Luck had something to do with it (I wish someone had told me, I wouldn't have bothered!). I am beyond sad!!!! Feels like the dream is over. Congrats to all who got what they were looking for!

Lucky one too.... Sorry for those who didn't get it, hopefully next round! And hang on in there those who got reserve...! Things do happen

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buyingahouse

Yes, it's absolutely about luck. But don't anyone go stop dreaming of getting their work underway or funded in a formal manner. I've a stack of rejection letters and emails (yes, I've printed them off!) from funding agencies who didn't fund me which led me to think that my work wasn't good enough. F them and the horse they rode in on! Your work is of value and you will eventually do it. Just think of how much more determined it will make you. That certainly helped with me.

Congrats to all those who got it. Well done.

I was one of the unlucky ones. Very disappointing considering all the work put in. But hey, that’s how it is.

(tips cap and walks off into the sunset!)

Yes, it's absolutely about luck. But don't anyone go stop dreaming of getting their work underway or funded in a formal manner. I've a stack of rejection letters and emails (yes, I've printed them off!) from funding agencies who didn't fund me which led me to think that my work wasn't good enough. F them and the horse they rode in on! Your work is of value and you will eventually do it. Just think of how much more determined it will make you. That certainly helped with me.

These kind words really helped me,
    Thanks so much.

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows if/when we receive feedback on the applications or information regarding scoring?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭beGood

Hi,
    I'm late to the party.  And to think, I was agonising alone when I could have had group therapy here!  My application is on the reserve list, so my suffering continues :P
    I have another question to add to the above query from postdoc2018.  How long do applicants get to accept/refuse a conditional offer?  I know it's a long shot, but technically I still have a chance.
    Thanks!

Hi BeGood, 
    We had to answer to the IRC before today, my status has been upgraded this morning from "condtionnal award" to "award holder" so i think they will start to contact the applicant from the reserve list next week. 
    Good luck for waiting !!
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement