Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappearing transactions

Options
  • 15-01-2018 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Completely fed up with the online banking. €500 of transactions dissapeared tonight, will no doubt reappear in a dew days. The only way i can manage my current account is to write down everything on a piece of paper. It's an absolute joke of a system. How do you think this is satisfactory? Then if i go overlimit due to transactions appearing and disappearing all the time i get charged for the pleasure!?

This is a joint account. I literally have to text my wife to say, there's not X in the account, it's actually around Y. Shameful by BOI. No doubt using 1980s technology. Sort it out, no other bank operates like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I concur with the above complaint. Trying to manage ones transactions on 365online is a joke & needs sorting out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Completely fed up with the online banking. €500 of transactions dissapeared tonight, will no doubt reappear in a dew days. The only way i can manage my current account is to write down everything on a piece of paper. It's an absolute joke of a system. How do you think this is satisfactory? Then if i go overlimit due to transactions appearing and disappearing all the time i get charged for the pleasure!?

This is a joint account. I literally have to text my wife to say, there's not X in the account, it's actually around Y. Shameful by BOI. No doubt using 1980s technology. Sort it out, no other bank operates like this.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Please be assured that we would take note of all feedback given through boards and thank you for coming to us with it. I'm very sorry that you're unhappy with this service. What you have described in your message can happen depending on how a retailer processes a Visa Debit card transaction and we would ask all of our customers to keep this in mind when making Visa Debit card transactions. That being said I can understand your frustration and I will be taking note of the feedback you have given in this post.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

i agree....i can see current transactions from my credit card using the boi app on my phone but they are not there when i log into boi online!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Other online banking facilities have a "pending transactions" category on their app/screen. THAT is the solution.

I can understand a transaction taking time to hit the account but what I can't accept is a transaction being there for days and then disappearing.

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Other online banking facilities have a "pending transactions" category on their app/screen. THAT is the solution.

I can understand a transaction taking time to hit the account but what I can't accept is a transaction being there for days and then disappearing.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We would have a "pending transactions" section on the full 365 online website. We'll certainly take the feedback on board in relation to adding this to the mobile app's functionality.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement

We would have a "pending transactions" section on the full 365 online website. We'll certainly take the feedback on board in relation to adding this to the mobile app's functionality.

The problem is that the "pending transactions" section on the full 365online web site doesn't always show all of the pending transactions! That's what needs to be sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

What you have described in your message can happen depending on how a retailer processes a Visa Debit card transaction and we would ask all of our customers to keep this in mind when making Visa Debit card transactions.

Hi Gooser14,

Please see above response from Darren which explains why this can happen.

Thanks
    Tara

But what are BOI doing to sort it out & provide a decent utility?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Tara

But what are BOI doing to sort it out & provide a decent utility?

Thanks for the feedback and please be assured that we will pass this on to the relevant teams. This being said there will be a number of updates taking place throughout 2018. Rest assured that we'll post updates as soon as we have confirmation of enhancements to any of our services.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement