Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry beds to Lucan

• 16-01-2018 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know traffic has gone crazy in the past two months? I used to spend 5minutes getting through Lucan, now its near 20minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

It's possible that Fingal Council have changed the lights sequence at the bridge.
    South Dublin Council control all the other lights and I know that the sequence had been changed in the past to try and get traffic down the hill at Larraghcon a bit faster. The problem was that it shortened the green time from Strawberry Beds resulting in delays for people coming that way.
    Also, because greater volumes were crossing from Larraghcon, they clogged up the village a bit more, particularly the hill leading up to Woodies and this meant that very few cars from Strawberry Beds could get through when they had a green.
    The sequence is always messed around because you have two Councils fighting over which direction gets more green time, as well as residents in Larraghcon complaining they can't get out of their estate because of traffic.
    I firmly believe this is caused by that bloody M50 toll. Far too many people use Lucan village as a rat run. There are plenty of genuine people who need to use that route but I bet there are plenty who dodge the toll and then sit in traffic for 45mins. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I live in Lucan village. The traffic can ruin what is otherwise a lovely location. The council should pedestrianise a large part of it, however given the car-centric thinking that clearly exists in SDCC, the chances of that happening are zero.

Advertisement