Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a legitimate email from Eir

Options
  • 16-01-2018 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi

I have received an email from eir telling me that I can redeem a tablet.  Email includes a voucher code but I am not sure that this mail has been sent from eir as it looks like spam.  I have included a screenshot of the email.  Can you please let me know if this is a valid offer and that I can receive this tablet free.  

Thanks very much for your help

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We can't tell anything from that image, post the headers and source (with your email redacted from it) and we can better judge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 newmem

Spear wrote: »
    We can't tell anything from that image, post the headers and source (with your email redacted from it) and we can better judge it.
    Hi   I have included the headers and source and also screenshot of email with the address it comes from.  Please verify if this is a valid offer that I am entitled to use.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Seems legit. It's sent via Exertis, who are a third party used by Eir for some of their microsites/campaigns. And the mail server used ( via newsletter.ie) is with Black Knight here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

newmem wrote: »
    Hi

I have received an email from eir telling me that I can redeem a tablet.  Email includes a voucher code but I am not sure that this mail has been sent from eir as it looks like spam.  I have included a screenshot of the email.  Can you please let me know if this is a valid offer and that I can receive this tablet free.  

Hi newmem, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

This email seems to be legitimate. Have you recently signed up with us online? 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 44 newmem

Hi

Hi newmem, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey

Just became an eir customer before Christmas.

Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi

Hi newmem, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey

Just became an eir customer before Christmas.

Thanks for the info.
    This was an offer that was on at this time so would be correct :)

ThanKS

Tracey 

Advertisement