Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPT refund

Options
  • 16-01-2018 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

I paid 2017 LPT twice, through salary deduction and online (required to sell before the end of year)

Has anyone experience with getting a refund? What is the process etc..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If you are registered with revenue online then send a query with all the details. They're very good at sorting it point and doing a refund once you've provided them with the necessary documents.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I had to do it for my father in law in December just gone.
    I paid online with his credit card but I paid twice due to my own mistake.

Rang them up and a refund Cheque was in his letterbox within 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

I paid the property tax in a shop with Payzone for a relatives house which is being sold and the solictor contacted me to say it wasnt paid-Payzone said LPT took the money but LPT have norecord and are investigating-then it dawned on me that I also paid the same way a few minutes later for my own house so I decided to go online a see if it was okay and it too did not go through.Both were paid in early January. I gave both the Payzone transaction numbers to LPT and I am waiting to see what happens.The two payments have disappeared somewhere between the Payzone terminal and the LPT accounts and I wonder how many more of the public will get the same shock (double) I got but they may not realise until next years demand comes in, so I would advise anyone who paid with Payzone to check the LPT website to make sure it went through. One of these mistakes has caused a lot of hassle for me this week and I really need it sorted out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Revenue has now admitted that 176 customers who paid the LPT through Payzone did not show up as PAID on the LPT system due to and error on the revenues part which they are now working to fix, so hopefully nobody will get an unwanted surprise in the post for next years LPT.

Advertisement