Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert VOB file to MP4 file

Options
  • 16-01-2018 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi, I bought some DVDs for my son to play on his Amazon Fire. I used Handbrake to convert the VOB files to MP4 files. One of the DVDs is encrypted and doesn't work correctly when converted to MP4. How can I convert an encrypted file to MP4? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are you using Windows or Mac?

On Windows, I use MakeMKV to rip DVDs, then Handbrake to do the conversion. It's able to get around any encryption I've come across, though it can take a while initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭PJ4

I'm on Windows. Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a try. Cheers!

Hey thanks! I was able to convert the encrypted files to MP4. They converted them individually, they are short animations of 5 minutes each, it is possible to have them all auto play in one file?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are the videos separate on the DVD too? I've found a few DVDs are authored strangely, as a result MakeMKV lists a feature length video as well as short clips.

You can join videos using FFmpeg. The GUI is sparse, and you'll need to use the command line to concatenate, but it's not too difficult once you know the commands you need. Here's a video tutorial that should hopefully help.

If you get any error messages, make note of them or take a screenshot.

Hey thanks again! I now have the 9 small video files auto playing in 1 large file and saved as a MP4 file. Many thanks for your support!

• Advertisement
Advertisement