Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 online won't recognize IBAN for SEPA transfer

Options
  • 16-01-2018 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm trying to do a SEPA transfer, the website says that the Estonian IBAN is invalid but has accepted the BIC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

I'm trying to do a SEPA transfer, the website says that the Estonian IBAN is invalid but has accepted the BIC.

Hi raydioactive,

Thanks for the message.

Can I ask if you put in all the letters in the IBAN as capitals and if you left any spaces in between any of letters or the numbers? I'd also ask that you don't copy and paste the either the IBAN or the BIC into any of the fields as all of these can effect the IBAN and BIC being accepted by the 365 online system.

Thanks again for getting in touch,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 raydioactive

Hi raydioactive,

Thanks for the message.

Can I ask if you put in all the letters in the IBAN as capitals and if you left any spaces in between any of letters or the numbers? I'd also ask that you don't copy and paste the either the IBAN or the BIC into any of the fields as all of these can effect the IBAN and BIC being accepted by the 365 online system.

Darren.
    I rang customer care - even though Estonia is a SEPA country you can't transfer funds to it online as a fraud precaution, had to fill out a paper form in my branch which I was charged for - really inconvenient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi raydioactive,

Thanks for the message.

Darren.
    I rang customer care - even though Estonia is a SEPA country you can't transfer funds to it online as a fraud precaution, had to fill out a paper form in my branch which I was charged for - really inconvenient.
    Sorry to hear this raydioactive, I'll certainly pass on your feedback here and please get in touch again if you need anything else.

Thanks, Nicola

Advertisement