Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need weather app

• 16-01-2018 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a weather app for my xperia l1? One that does ot have any more permissions than needed.I do not really understand permissions but understand some apps require more than necessary. Accuweather is on it but I do not know much about it. It says if location enabled anonymous data sent to them. I can get weather without enabling location by choosing the city I want to know about.So should i enabe location? Prefer open source app if possible, what about https://f-droid.org/packages/cz.martykan.forecastie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

Can anyone suggest a weather app for my xperia l1? One that does ot have any more permissions than needed.I do not really understand permissions but understand some apps require more than necessary. Accuweather is on it but I do not know much about it. It says if location enabled anonymous data sent to them. I can get weather without enabling location by choosing the city I want to know about.So should i enabe location? Prefer open source app if possible, what about https://f-droid.org/packages/cz.martykan.forecastie/
    I uninstalled Accuweather after that horrible update I now use Weather xl.. Very happy with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

ok thanks. i am not aware of the update you mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

i have version 1.3.a.2.3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I like Chronus

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bkeane

YR is great weather app

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

bkeane wrote: »
    YR is great weather app

That's what I use too. It's excellent and the recent update looks better too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Use a combination of Yr and the aix weather widget. Works well.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭AlanG

I use YR as its most accurate for long term. Windy app widget is good as well - I cycle a lot and it is the only one I found to give an easy visual for wind speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Came in to shout out yr.no also!
    Those Norwegians sure know weather :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭opus

I've been using the Weather Timeline app & widget, works well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

opus wrote: »
    I've been using the Weather Timeline app & widget, works well.

+1. Been using this for a while now.

Advertisement