Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about the Politics forum

Options
  • 16-01-2018 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,
    I just received an infraction for talking about Fianna Fail and Fine Gael too much...in the Politics forum.
    Is it because I wasn't saying how great they were? Soapboxing its called. To me the term is far too loose. Basically if you have an opinion and you stick to it.
    In this case I was on a northern Ireland thread, the cost of unification the topic.

In regards to cost and catholic civil servants kicking up, I said;
    I don't think any adult in the south really cares about religion in this context. Unlikely there'll be a cull. In fact be it FG or FF in charge at the time there'll be plenty of borrowed or tax payer money to waste on the change over.
    We'll have consultants coming out our ears and contracts to beat the band. I can see a massive NAMA type commission doling out contracts and advisory board positions.
    There's an element will make out like bandits, not the tax payer mind.

That's taboo?

It's more than the infraction it's the censoring. I've not insulted anyone and posted a valid quite plausible scenario.
    Moderator Note

Soap boxing. Please stop turning every thread into a rant about FF and FG. Stick to the topic and serious posts only please

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Matt Barrett,

The first port of call should be to PM the mod in question to try to come to some sort of resolution or understanding. If you don't come to an agreement, and you'd like to appeal your infraction, you can do so in the Dispute Resolution Forum - please indicate that you've already been in contact with the mod.

If it's moderation in general (rather than wishing to submit an appeal), you should still contact the mod first. From there you can contact a CMod. I hope that helps.

Advertisement