Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Repairs

Options
  • 16-01-2018 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I had a saga of a problem during last summer which I asked for advice here (vent stack which didn't meet required standard), and I'll ask again now...

I'm in a rented property which has had loads of issues, on which the agency have been continuously useless. It ranges from stupid stuff like the cooker having no knobs at all since October (we turn it on with pliers) to deteriorating windows that need to be replaced, broken heaters and mould. An agent actually came in the first week on November and inspected a list of stuff that I'd sent weeks before.

From that time until 2 weeks ago, one thing from the list had been done - a draught excluder screwed on to a door. 2 weeks ago, the front door stopped locking so it finally got fixed too. I've been more or less in regular contact with the agency and fobbed off. And in December, we received notification that we would need to leave for the landlord's son to move in. All done legitimately, but very suspicious timing.

I complained directly to the letting department manager last week - while apologetic, there's nothing being done and it's too late now anyway, only a couple of weeks left in the property for us. Is this normal, or am I mad to have put up with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I doubt you'll get anything fixed if you only have two more weeks living there.
    Have the place clean and tidy and get your disposition back and move on. Hope it's a smooth transition

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭manualskeleton

I googled the item in question - no idea why I hadn't thought of it before, I guess I trusted them when they said they'd get it fixed and was strung along like a fool. I found it in literally ten seconds. I'm sure it's the same with all the other problems in the house (windows, heaters etc).

Advertisement