Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled package...billed for modem

Options
  • 16-01-2018 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I signed up for a phone/broadband package with Eircom in October, but after repeated mistakes and bad customer service I cancelled the lot. I got an email from them after cancellation on 23.11.17 saying that I have 30 days to return the unused modem to them, and the email included the line " We�ll write to you shortly with full details on how should return your equipment using these services. We�ll also include details of the charges for not returning equipment to us." So I said I'd wait for them to write to me...they never did and I forgot about it all. Now a couple of months later I get a bill for €59.99 for not returning the modem. I cancelled my direct debit so they won't be getting that money from me, but what to do now? Eircom are at fault once again....they couldn't provide me with a decent service and they can't even cancel an order correctly! Anyone from Eircom want to suggest something here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi there,

I signed up for a phone/broadband package with Eircom in October, but after repeated mistakes and bad customer service I cancelled the lot. I got an email from them after cancellation on 23.11.17 saying that I have 30 days to return the unused modem to them, and the email included the line " We�ll write to you shortly with full details on how should return your equipment using these services. We�ll also include details of the charges for not returning equipment to us." So I said I'd wait for them to write to me...they never did and I forgot about it all. Now a couple of months later I get a bill for €59.99 for not returning the modem. I cancelled my direct debit so they won't be getting that money from me, but what to do now? Eircom are at fault once again....they couldn't provide me with a decent service and they can't even cancel an order correctly! Anyone from Eircom want to suggest something here?
    Hi artvanderlay,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Hi there,

Hi artvanderlay,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas
    Will do. Thanks Thomas

Hi there,

Hi artvanderlay,

Thanks 

Thomas
    Will do. Thanks Thomas
    No problem at all.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi,

Resurrecting this thread because I returned the modem in Jan, and yet I am still getting a bill for €18.45. I didn't get a paper bill for this, and because my account has ceased I cannot check online what this charge is for. Can anybody help with this (again)?

thanks

Hi,

Resurrecting this thread because I returned the modem in Jan, and yet I am still getting a bill for €18.45. I didn't get a paper bill for this, and because my account has ceased I cannot check online what this charge is for. Can anybody help with this (again)?

thanks

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement

PM sent.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Funnily enough, I got charged the same amount on February 1st, just noticed it on my bank statement. But i had cancelled with them two months ago after joining Vodafone Fibre. Told them I sent back the modem, as I don't know why i was sent it in the first place. 

IS this happening to everyone who cancelled, that was yet to check their bank statement. Obviously, if you have cancelled, this wouldn't come up on a bill, as the account has now ceased. 

Perhaps i should contact ComReg and let them know about unauthorized direct debits from Eir.

I was thinking it's some penalty for returning the modem late, but who knows? Waiting to hear back from the reps on boards. I cancelled my direct debit with them immediately after cancelling my order because I knew that given how terrible their service was from the beginning, that it would more than likely keep continuing. I've spoken to so many people there that assure me everything is done, it's all over, but like a bad guy in a slasher film, they keep coming back for one final scare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I got charged the same amount on February 1st, just noticed it on my bank statement. But i had cancelled with them two months ago after joining Vodafone Fibre. Told them I sent back the modem, as I don't know why i was sent it in the first place. 

IS this happening to everyone who cancelled, that was yet to check their bank statement. Obviously, if you have cancelled, this wouldn't come up on a bill, as the account has now ceased. 

Perhaps i should contact ComReg and let them know about unauthorized direct debits from Eir.
    Hi Lord Nikon, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

My above issue is still ongoing. Still getting harassed with emails/texts saying I have an overdue balance of €18.45, for what I don't know.

• Advertisement

My above issue is still ongoing. Still getting harassed with emails/texts saying I have an overdue balance of €18.45, for what I don't know.
    Hi artvanderlay,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you and ensure you don't receive any further correspondence in regards to this.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement