Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel a direct debit on BOI BOL?

Options
  • 16-01-2018 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I've been searching for how to do this but can't find anything on it. I know it's simple enough for personal customers to do on 365 online. Surely the facilities of the BOI business banking website don't lag that far behind? I must be just missing it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Shortbread wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been searching for how to do this but can't find anything on it. I know it's simple enough for personal customers to do on 365 online. Surely the facilities of the BOI business banking website don't lag that far behind? I must be just missing it?

Thanks.

Hi Shortbread,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

There wouldn't be an option to cancel a direct debit through business online. To cancel a Direct Debit that is coming out of your account I'd ask you to send in a written letter of request to your branch and we would asked that the letter is signed by the name directors of the company.

Some smaller business accounts would be eligible to be set up on the 365 system. If you would like to call us on 0818 365 365 the advisers there would be happy to look into your account details to see if your business account is eligible for the 365 system so that you would be able to do this online in future.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shortbread

Thanks for your reply. It seems bizarre that so little effort is put into the business website compared to the one for personal customers. Plus business customers are charged 10 euro per month to use a site that offers less functions than the free personal one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Shortbread wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. It seems bizarre that so little effort is put into the business website compared to the one for personal customers. Plus business customers are charged 10 euro per month to use a site that offers less functions than the free personal one.

This difference would be in place because the signatory and mandate process would be different for personal and business accounts. However we really appreciate any feedback and I'll certainly take note of this for you and please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks again for your messages.
    Darren.

Advertisement